Solved

If you get your PAC number but in the end don't want to leave

• 19 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I was put in a difficult position

I was unable to contact ID in any way and I had a problem with a potential upgrade not being processed. That issue has gone away. However I got a text telling me I was being charged 40p a minute so just in case I went to leave and get my PAC number. Apart from the dreadful customer service i.e. not replying or being able to contact them at all, I have been super happy. If I don’t use my PAC number do I stay with ID on the same plan or am I about to be kicked off in less than 30 days?

Thanks anyone. Can’t get ID to reply ever! 

icon

Best answer by Kevin 25 November 2020, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Howdy @Neil Welch 

Sorry we didn’t catch this one sooner here.

As long as you don’t use a PAC (code) then the services you had will remain active as they were.  It would only ever be if you used the PAC -or- got in touch to request a disconnection that you would have a disconnection looming.

What was the 40p a minute thing you mentioned though?  If you need help with anything else, just let us know here.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Kevin for the reply. 

I’m afraid its a bit of a sorry tale. The 40p a minute issue was the start of all this. I got a warning I was hitting my allowance for calls. I upgraded. I then hit my 100% and I got a text telling me that I was now being charged 40p a minute. I tried to contact customer services multiple times through chat and the number to call just took me the same route. They failed completely to pick up or reply which is a very poor show. I then went to the Community who replied after a few days. During that time as a precaution I got my PAC number as I thought I better leave ID as my phone was not upgrading, I was being overcharged and there were no customer services at all. It was stressful and very disappointing. I raised the issue with the Community who told me this was a standard text that is sent out (which is really bad I think) and the upgrade would be working (which was relieving).

I will continue with ID and put this matter down to experience and the lack of customer services down to Covid 19. But I have read a lot of reviews now which make me very wary of ID Mobile and its customer services, which were frankly dreadful at the time. I think it is probably the worst example of customer services and akin to Amazon who are also uncontactable now.

Thank you for your reply as it has been the only way to get information on how ID Mobile works and is relieving.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Neil Welch 

We are sorry for the delay in replying to your messages, we are working to reply to all customers as quickly as possible during the current situation. 

Michelle 

Why iD Mobile?