Solved

Issue with new sim card.

• 5 April 2019
  • 4 replies

I already have a contract with iD on another sim, and decided to get a new sim card whilst that one is still active as i don't mind paying for two for a couple months until my first one runs out. When I put it into my phone it said i needed a sim network code; from there i went onto my account to try and active the sim as i assumed that was what would fix the issue. It said my new sim card was already active lol. It still only has my first contract showing on my account so i can't manage what i have on my new one or use it without some sort of "sim network code" I've tried asking a few friends and they didn't know so i was hoping someone here could help. Thanks. Oh, and sorry for how lengthy this is.
icon

Best answer by Gregor 5 April 2019, 18:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Kiriguri

It seems that phone that you are using with your new SIM card is locked to a different provider like O2 or Vodafone. Try your new SIM in the same phone that is used by your old SIM, just swap them around to test if everything is fine with the SIM.

Regarding the ID Account, it is not possible at this moment to manage multiple numbers under one account, you would need to register your new SIM card with brand new email address.

Kind Regards
Yeah just checked now, the SIM card worked perfectly in my old phone. Should I try reaching out to the provider of my new phone?
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @Kiriguri

Yes, the best thing will be if you contact provider that you have got your phone from. It might be a paid service to have it unlocked though.

Kind Regards
Got it sorted today, thanks for the help!!

Why iD Mobile?