Solved

Keep my iD mobile number when changing from a Phone contract to SIM only

• 6 December 2019
  • 1 reply

This is for future reference as I can’t change my plan without charge until August 2020, but when I do I plan on changing from a full Phone contract to SIM only, as I need a cheaper contract.

When I do change from my current contract to a SIM only contract, is it possible for me to keep my phone number? I’ve had the same phone number for over over 5 years and would hate to change it.

Is it as simple as just getting a PAC code like I would if I was changing providers? Or is there something else I’d need to do?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 December 2019, 13:35

Hello @Salota,

Thanks for messaging us here.

When you’re eligible to upgrade, simply log into the app and select the upgrade option.

Find SIM-Only and select the plan you’d like and complete the order.

If you completed this as an upgrade via the upgrade option, we’d send out a new SIM with the order and just pop it in and activate it via the app to start using it. Everything will switch over to your new SIM and you’ll retain the same number.

If you wanted to leave our network and join a new network, then you can request a PAC Code which we’ll send to you and you can use this to transfer your number over to a different network.

A PAC code is not required if you’re just switching to a SIM-only with us.

You don’t need to order a new contract, simply select upgrade when you’re logged into the app or website.

Any questions, let us know at the time,

Kind Regards,
Mohammed

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hello @Salota,

Thanks for messaging us here.

When you’re eligible to upgrade, simply log into the app and select the upgrade option.

Find SIM-Only and select the plan you’d like and complete the order.

If you completed this as an upgrade via the upgrade option, we’d send out a new SIM with the order and just pop it in and activate it via the app to start using it. Everything will switch over to your new SIM and you’ll retain the same number.

If you wanted to leave our network and join a new network, then you can request a PAC Code which we’ll send to you and you can use this to transfer your number over to a different network.

A PAC code is not required if you’re just switching to a SIM-only with us.

You don’t need to order a new contract, simply select upgrade when you’re logged into the app or website.

Any questions, let us know at the time,

Kind Regards,
Mohammed