Solved

Keep my iD mobile number when changing from a Phone contract to SIM only

• 6 December 2019
  • 5 replies

This is for future reference as I can’t change my plan without charge until August 2020, but when I do I plan on changing from a full Phone contract to SIM only, as I need a cheaper contract.

When I do change from my current contract to a SIM only contract, is it possible for me to keep my phone number? I’ve had the same phone number for over over 5 years and would hate to change it.

Is it as simple as just getting a PAC code like I would if I was changing providers? Or is there something else I’d need to do?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 9 December 2019, 13:35

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Salota,

Thanks for messaging us here.

When you’re eligible to upgrade, simply log into the app and select the upgrade option.

Find SIM-Only and select the plan you’d like and complete the order.

If you completed this as an upgrade via the upgrade option, we’d send out a new SIM with the order and just pop it in and activate it via the app to start using it. Everything will switch over to your new SIM and you’ll retain the same number.

If you wanted to leave our network and join a new network, then you can request a PAC Code which we’ll send to you and you can use this to transfer your number over to a different network.

A PAC code is not required if you’re just switching to a SIM-only with us.

You don’t need to order a new contract, simply select upgrade when you’re logged into the app or website.

Any questions, let us know at the time,

Kind Regards,
Mohammed

I’ve tried to move from ID mobile phone contract to ID mobile sim only contract. I put my new sim in my phone and tried to activate it but the reply message said that it was activated already. But the ID app says that my allowances have not changed and the phone does not receive calls. So at the moment I am stuck with my phone contract yet I am being billed for both contacts.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Geoffrey 

Did you log in to your old account and follow the route within your My Account area (online or through the app) in order to do a Plan Change?

Or have you simply purchased a second separate SIM-only plan from us?

If it’s the latter, we’d not be able to move an existing iD Mobile number from one account to another, no network can do this.

Please let us know where things are at and if need be we'll cancel that new SIM plan you’ve purchased if it’s not what you desired.

Apologies, I didn’t notice this reply until now. Hi Kevin, I asked for a plan change through my ID account. Well, that’s what I thought I did. What I want to do is go from my ID phone plan to a SIM only plan and keep my phone and current phone number. On looking at the ID letter I received (Reference 12124083/001) it does look like I now have two current plans, my old phone plan and new sim only plan. If you need any more information then I’ll be watching this space, thanks. Geoffrey.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Geoffrey, have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?