Question

Keeping my number with new iD monthly contract

• 18 November 2020
  • 7 replies

I have an existing ID pay monthly SIM only account and today I got a new pay monthly contract with ID. How do I cancel the pay monthly SIM account and transfer my number to my new contract.

Also why is impossible to talk to anyone at ID - I feel like cancelling the new contract and sending the phone back and go elsewhere - this has been so frustrating

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Terryplum 

As you already have an iD Mobile account, I’m afraid you would be unable to transfer your current mobile number over to your new contract.

If you are looking to keep your number, you would need to upgrade your existing contract. 

You have two options, you can request a 30-day disconnection on your existing contract, and continue using your number phone and SIM, with your new mobile number. Your existing mobile number will be lost once the account has disconnected.

The second option is to return your new order and then complete an upgrade on your existing mobile number.

If you visit our Contact Us page here and then scroll down to the Live Chat section, a blue button should shortly appear allowing you to start a new chat.

Michelle 

There was a third option - return my order and go somewhere better. I.D. want to charge me more for the same deal if I upgrade. So much for caring for existing customers! If I.D. have the means to transfer my number if they want - they can if I upgrade - but they choose penalise existing customers. Not me though.

Userlevel 1

This is ridiculous. I tried to ‘Upgrade’ from my current Sim-Only deal to a 24 month contract to get a new phone, but every time I logged in into my account and then went to select a phone it logged out again. I literally could not buy a phone logged in. 

But I assumed it wouldn’t mater because surely you would simply be able to transfer my number within the same network, or better yet, just update my current sim so it has the right amount of data etc and update my monthly price so I’m paying the right amount. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @LiamJCurran 

If you’re being logged out in the manner that you describe above there that sounds like a cookie/ cache related issue related to your device/ internet browser.

If you logged in from another device or internet browser it would likely go through fine.

Have you placed a brand new order and thus now need to cancel/ return that?

Userlevel 1

I’ve tried with multiple devices and browsers. I log in to my iD account, click the tab to take me to upgrades, select an iPhone 12, and immediately I’m logged out again. 

Userlevel 1

It is really poor that you cannot offer the service of transferring the same number within the network for two different contracts. Can you send me the details of how to return the phone and cancel the contract?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @LiamJCurran,

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by not being able to transfer the number internally.

You can find information regarding returns by following the link on this post: 

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?