Question

Keeping my old Number when swapping from Pay monthly to Sim onlu

• 29 April 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello. 

I am having alot of trouble with this and it is very frustrating.

I have been a Pay Monthly Customer for 2 years. When it's come to my upgrade, I have chosen to go with a Sim Only deal as I want to keep my phone.

I have chosen a Sim only deal and have received my new Sim Card today. This new Sim card comes with its own phone number.

All I want to do is keep my old Number!!

How do i do this?

Any help would be appreciated 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Katz22 

Has your plan changed in the App?

You can continue using your old SIM. 

Aklima

Hi @AklimaRahman

No my plan is still my old one in the App

But the point of me going sim only was to reduce monthly price. 

Katz22

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Katz22,

If the plan hasn’t changed then you may have selected a new SIM-only contract rather than going through with an upgrade. We’ll need to check your account because you may want to return the new plan purchased if it was indeed a brand new contract rather than an upgrade.

I will PM you now.

Ryan

Hi that does help me but I want to know

1.  put my new Sim in and It comes with its own new number
  2.  I have bought a phone privately so all I want is Sim only ( I have finished my contract)
  3. I want to keep my old number do I use my old sim not my new one, as I have gone from O2 to ID mobile
  4. I have my first collection from you on the 9/6 but still not solved this problem, please help

Barbara Griffiths

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Barbara, 

Welcome to iD Community.

Your new iD mobile SIM will have and come with a new phone number. as its a new connection.

To keep your old number from O2 , we need a PAC code from O2 to transfer your old number to your new iD mobile number.

Did O2 provide you with a PAC code? 

Let us know.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?