Question

Leaving ID at end of plan

• 10 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I have a contract with you for my daughters phone, that she has lost. I have blocked the phone and I know the contract ends fairly shortly, so can how can I give notice? I do not need a PAC code, as she has a new phone/phone number.

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @tonymark 

Is it phone contract or Sim Only deals?

Here you can find all about cancelling Sim Only deal.

and

Here you can find all about cancelling Contract deal.

Kind Regards 

Gregor 

Userlevel 1

Hi Gregor,

Thanks for your reply. The link isn’t working...Page not found.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Gregor 

That is strange. Because they work when I tap them. Not sure what I did there 🤤

I will try again here -> https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-51/how-to-end-your-pay-monthly-plan-30155

Or I will copy and paste whole thing here 

If you’re thinking of ending your pay monthly phone plan and leaving iD Mobile, we’ll be sorry to see you go. But we won’t make it difficult or stand in your way – that’s not what we’re about. You’ll find all the information you need below.

If you bought your plan recently (no more than 14 days ago in-store, or no more than 30 days ago online or by phone), here’s the good news. You can simply process a return, rather cancelling your plan. It’s much easier. Visit the How to return your pay monthly plan article here.

How to cancel your pay monthly plan and end your iD Mobile contract

If you've gone past your returns period and want to end your pay monthly phone plan, you can cancel it by contacting us here. You must give us 30 days' notice. So, if you want to leave at the end of your minimum contract term, you need to notify us at least 30 days before your contract end date.

Please note: if you decide to leave before your minimum contract period, you may be charged an early cancellation fee. You can view your early cancellation fee in the iD Mobile app or My Account area - under 'My account', on the 'Manage my plan' tile click 'End my plan'. You'll then see your 'Estimated cost of a cancellation'.

If you want to keep your existing number on your new network provider, you'll need to get a PAC code from us. Just ask us for this when you contact us to end your plan. PAC codes are valid for 30 days. If you get one from us, your plan will automatically disconnect after your number has been ported out of iD. If you don't use it, your plan will continue to run.

What happens when your plan ends – and why you need to keep your Direct Debit open!
There’s just one more piece of important advice we need to give you…

• Please, please keep your Direct Debit open. Don’t cancel it. In fact, leave it open for a whole month after you’ve disconnected. The reason why you should do this is as follows…

After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open! 

And that’s really all there is to ending your pay monthly phone plan. If you’ve got a question that we didn’t answer above, post it below for someone in the Community to answer

Kind Regards 

Gregor 

Userlevel 1

Installed the ID phone app on MY phone and logged in. Managed to access my account details (including end date of contract) clicked on end my plan. Asked for a STAC code, so hopefully that will sort it.

Userlevel 1

Just thought, the STAC code will go through to her number and we don’t have the phone anymore. Damn

Userlevel 1

Hi Gregor,

Sorry I meant the link on the website, not the links you sent.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @tonymark 

Oh yes... that's right. You would need to have access to the number to receive STAC Code. Did you ever register her number will iD Mobile App or Online account? I think you could request one of these codes there as well?

I am not sure if anyone from iD Mobile will visit the community over easter Holidays so I think we will need to wait till Tuesday to get the contact info. (Lets hope I am wrong on this). 

Sorry I could not help you more 😔

Kind Regards 

Gregor

my contract ends soon i want to cancel and leave

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @mistee 

All the information you need can be found here: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/cancellations-59/how-to-cancel-your-id-mobile-plan-31836

Hope this helps. 

Regards

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?