Question

Monthly to Sim only

• 10 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi my monthly contract comes to an end in November, i can upgrade to sim only through the app. Does this then mean I can keep my current number? Also of I change now do I get refunded for the days left on my monthly contract or best to wait til a week before it is due to end. Do I physically get sent out a new sim or do you just change the mode of current sim?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Jkg,

Yes, you should be able to view the SIM only upgrade options from within your account, this will let you keep your current number whilst moving plans. In terms of a refund, your bill following on from the upgrade will be calculated to show any refund due from the previous plan. A SIM card is sometimes sent out, but you can continue using your current one until you get the new SIM card which will then be activated by selecting the option after logging into your account.

Ryan

My contract is due for renewal in early 2021 - at the present time I am on a monthly payment scheme - Can I change this to SIM only and keep the existing phone and will A.N. Other SIM card be sent to myself, and if so how do I swap all the existing numbers on my present SIM to the new one.????

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Peteh86,

So in early 2021, once you can upgrade, log into the iD app/account.

Click My Account > Upgrade

You can then select the contract or SIM-only plan to change to.

From there, you will be sent a new SIM but it’s blank.

Activate it on arrival and pop it in and everything swaps over. Your plan should update in the app too.

Let us know if you need any help at the time.

Mohammed.

Question in the initial question is do I get to keep my present phone when I change my plan to SIM only??

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Absolutely @Peteh86 

Once your 24-month contract is up, the phone is yours to keep thereafter.

Why iD Mobile?