Solved

Moto g7 play wifi calling?

• 25 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am looking to change my sim only contract but I need wifi calling as this is a very poor reception area

icon

Best answer by Gregor 25 January 2020, 20:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @orleton 

Unfortunately iD Mobile does not support WiFi calling on Moto G7 Play. They do support only Moto G8 Plus and Moto One Macro. There is also no information if G7 Play will be supported in the future but you can check here from time to time to see if anything has changed. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

I also have no usable mobile signal on any mobile network at home, and would immediately switch to iD Mobile, if they added support for wi-fi calling from a Moto G7 Play.  The phone certainly supports it.

Would there be any point in ordering a sim to try it?  (or is if a case of that if it’s not on the list then it’s specifically not enabled) - other Motorola phones are supported.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @kc9403 

Currently Moto G7 Play is not one of the  iD  approved handset. This is something we might look at in the future.

You can always try an iD Mobile SIM , but we cannot guarantee that it would support all functions.

Thanks, 

Pearl

For the benefit of @orleton, and anyone else… Id Mobile’s Wifi calling does work with a  Motorola Moto G7 Play!

This was tested with ‘aeroplane mode’ switched on, but the wifi enabled, and I am able to make outgoing calls, receive calls, and send and receive SMS text messages.  Are there any other features that need to be tested?

I’m very pleased, and shall now be porting my number to Id Mobile :relaxed:

Why iD Mobile?