Question

Move from monthly plan to Pay as you go

• 21 June 2019
  • 5 replies

How do I switch from a Pay monthly plan (well past the contractual period so no problem there) to Pay as you go? There doesn't seem to be any option to do so within the account. 'Change plan' doesn't offer PAYG options. The only other option is 'End plan'. It's important to me to retain the number for PAYG so I don't want to go ahead and cancel the plan unless I'm sure I can keep the number.

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hey @whiteyxm,

I have moved your post to this topic which should help answer your question.

Ryan
Hi,

I recently just got a 1 month rolling contract but decided I don't really use my phone often enough to keep paying monthly for the data which I don't use. I would like to end this monthly contract but I would like to stay with iD as a pay as you go customer.
Is there any way I can just end the monthly plan and use my sim as a normal top up pay as you go, or do I need to order a brand new PAYG sim and convert my number over?

Thanks
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @jg2182,

I'm afraid that we don't have a process for this in place at this time. The only way to do something like this at present would be to port your number away from us and then back onto the pay as you go SIM afterwards.

Ryan
Hi jg2182,
Unfortunately, this is not something we're able to do currently but we can provide you with a PAC to transfer your number to another network in order to retain it on PAYG.

The PAC can be obtained using the app or website my.idmobile.co.uk

Phil

Hi Phil,
What if I'm not trying to move to another network? Is there no way I can get a PAYG on ID without going through a PAC code and ordering a new SIM?

Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi jg2182,
Unfortunately, this is not something we're able to do currently but we can provide you with a PAC to transfer your number to another network in order to retain it on PAYG.

The PAC can be obtained using the app or website my.idmobile.co.uk

Phil

Why iD Mobile?