Question

move to SIM only deal from phone contract

• 14 April 2020
  • 7 replies

Not given option to choose a SIM only cheaper option on My Account . Unable to call ID support. Stuck!

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Argy61 

When you are on the upgrade page you can sort the deals to show cheapest first and all available sim only deals will appear on the top of the page. Try that and let me know if this helped you. Is there a particular deal that you are looking for? 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Hi Gregor,  , on the app it won’t allow me to sort by cheapest SIM only deals but cheapest £20 as if including a phone .  My contract expires on 11 May and I wish to move to SIM only for £7 online giving 2.5g of data.  Obviously want to keep same number and stay with ID . Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Argy61 

Could you try logging in to your Account on the website using Chrome Browser on your phone or laptop? You should be able to sort it by cheapest there. I usually use browser to look through my upgrades as the App is not the most comfortable for it. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Thanks Gregor, will try that . Should I change plan now or wait until contract end date of 11 May?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Argy61 

iD Mobile gives you the opportunity to upgrade your contract within last 60 days of your contract and it will make no difference to you if you upgrade today or wait until 11th of May. Your upgrade deal will start at the moment of processing upgrade and your next bill will be pro rata of your old and new contract which might be a bit higher but this is normal and how is calculated. Here you can find more details about how pro rata works.

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Gregor, I went into the My account via my PC as advised and I still DO NOT have the option to switch to a cheaper SIM only deal .  What can I try next? All I am getting is deals from £20+ which is of no use .i will cancel otherwise and go to a different provider 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Argy61,

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?