Solved

Moving number from one iD sim to another

• 29 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

-I have an old iD sim with my number on it (sim A)

-I bought a new mobile phone on contract with iD, with a new number (sim B)

-I would like to end the contract with sim A, and move the number over to sim B

-I tried doing this by getting a PAC code for sim A, and using the idmobile online tool, to move the number over to sim B

-The tool won’t accept PAC codes from other iD mobile sims.

-I emailed your customer support, and was told I need to post the request here

Please can you help me move the number from my old sim, over to this new phone?

I would have “upgraded” when I ordered the new iPhone SE, but the links on your website for upgrading were broken, so I had to order it as a new contract.

Thanks,

Deeksie

icon

Best answer by Kevin 30 July 2020, 19:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Deeksie 

What you’re describing there isn’t something we can help with unfortunately.  I don’t think any network can move a number from one account to another internally.

An upgrade would have been if you had logged in to your old account, and placed an upgrade order through the App or our website.

What you’ve done there is simply purchase a second line with iD Mobile.

You could either move your old number away from iD Mobile (to a Pay As You Go SIM with another network).  Then get a PAC (code) from that network to move the number over to your newer iD Mobile account.

-or-

You’d need to do a return on your new purchase.  Once returned, you can log in to your old account and place the upgrade order there on your old number there.

If you need further help, just let us know here.

Hi @Kevin,

Thanks, that sounds like a very arbitrary limitation. Are you sure there’s no way you can move the number over internally?!

I would have upgraded, but as I said your website was broken at the time.

Thanks,

Deeksie

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Deeksie 

The reason that it may seem like an arbitrary limitation is because the clear and easy way to achieve the end result is to process an upgrade. When people upgrade, there is no need to circumvent the existing method of keeping your number on a new plan.

Sorry for any confusion,

Will

Why iD Mobile?