Question

My new upgrade

• 27 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello I need to chat with someone asap as I have just upgraded my mobile and wanted to keep my original mobile number !

my original sim stopped working so I put the sim in you sent me! but i needed to keep my old number so I requested a pac code ! I then receive a message saying if I use this code i will be billed for £446.43 ?? my bills are never over £20.00 can you help please as I,m very worried 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @suzannep 

If you have an existing iD Mobile account, and wish to retain the number but start a new contract.  Then you would need to log in to your iD Mobile account  (through the iD Mobile -or- our website) and follow the upgrade options.

At no point with an upgrade should you ever have a new number.

If you currently appear to have two accounts with us then it sounds like what you have done is simply purchased a new line with us. 

If you’re being told you would face a termination charge on your old line.  Then that would suggest you’re still in the midst of a contract agreement there too.

Lastly.  We don’t have the ability to move an active iD Mobile number from one account to take over another iD Mobile number on another account.  This is why we’d always direct customers to do upgrades should they wish to retain an old number (but start any new plan/ contract).

We’ll send you a private message here shortly in order to be able to look into this from our side and provide further assistance as need be.

Why iD Mobile?