Solved

New contract Question / Phone Number

• 14 September 2020
  • 3 replies

So I've just upgraded to a new contract but I just wanted to know if anyone can help me. 

I just wanted to know if as an existing customer on ID will I need a pac code for the phone I've upgraded to which is still ID Or will I be sent a sim with the same number with my new phone?

Thank you in advance x

icon

Best answer by Mrswoolytex 15 September 2020, 18:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Mrswoolytex 

Did you log in to the iD Mobile App or our website and place an upgrade on your existing line?  If so you’ll retain your old number.

Or have you simply gone online and placed a brand new order?  If so, that’ll come with a brand new number.

If it’s the latter, and you’ve placed a new order then technically that will be a second line and unfortunately, we don’t have the means to move a number from one active iD Mobile account to another.

You would either need to return the new purchase, and then place an actual upgrade -or- on your old account you could move the number away from iD Mobile to a Pay As You Go SIM with another provider temporarily, then move the number after that over to your newer iD Mobile account.

Its ok I managed to sort it today the new sim that was sent with the phone had already got my original number on it just had to register it with them. Thank you for the info

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Mrswoolytex,

Glad you were able to sort it!

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?