Solved

New phone upgrade worry

Userlevel 1

I've just ordered an early upgrade phone but I've just started a new month recently will I be paying for two phones for the next 3-4 weeks or can I cancel my current phone contract as the new one starts?

icon

Best answer by Michelle 3 February 2021, 14:27

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Greg6799

I am a little bit concerned with your situation as you mentioned that you have got an early upgrade and 3-4 months left to pay of your contract. Thing that concerns me is your remaining time on the contract. ID Mobile does not offer early upgrades, you can only upgrade within last 60 days of you contract also you can only upgrade by calling 7777 which at this moment is not possible or using your App by going to My Account -> Check if you can upgrade option. Did you ordered your upgrade through the App or Account? 

Also then you upgrade your number, direct debit date and account would stay the same. Did you have an option to choose new number or setup new direct debit when you ordered your upgrade? 

Please let me know how did you go about ordering your upgrade so we can clarify this and solve as soon as possible. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Userlevel 1

I was offered the early upgrade as of sunday thinking they obviously want me to stay with them and that this was normal. I ordered through the app on my phone. Bit concerned now. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 1

No new direct debit or new number was offered just a straight forward upgrade. Hope this can be resolved. 

Userlevel 1

Just read this Gregor...

What happens if I upgrade part of the way through my current billing month?

Not a problem. You'll receive prorated credit for your original line rental, and a prorated charge for your new plan. You'll also be charged a full month's line rental in advance of your upcoming bill. And finally, any out of bundle charges for the previous month will also be applied.

Userlevel 1

I think my current contract runs out end of May so that would put me in the last 60 days of current plan just not sure how the change over will happen with no help line to call. As I say I was offered an upgrade when I logged in to the app. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Greg6799 

If you took an early upgrade through the iD Mobile App.  That would usually suggest you have 2 months or less before the contract was finished.

If you have taken an upgrade through us then you would never be paying for 2 tariffs concurrently.  Your existing SIM you have in your (now) old phone would update with the new tariff you had selected.

If a new SIM comes with the new phone, then you will be able to activate that to be your SIM you’re using through the iD Mobile App.  Or you could just hang on to that SIM as a spare in case you ever need it in future.

Userlevel 1

Hi Kevin, 

Yeah I got a new sim with the phone which I've put in the new phone I was a little worried I'd be paying for two contracts by some sort of mistake. Thanks for your reply but hopefully the id helpline will be open again soon.

Thanks again. 

Userlevel 1

Hi, 

I've put my new sim card in the new phone and I'm having trouble transferring my old number to the new phone I've tried entering the PAC code but it won't accept it. Please help! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Greg6799 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima 

Hi,

I just ordered myself a new phone through the carphone warehouse website but I am sticking with ID. The phone is being delivered today and so it is not set up yet. The plan is slightly different, but I couldn’t see what I wanted under the upgrade options so I ordered the handset and the plan. My question is, when I received my new phone and new plan. How do I go about cancelling the old one? I am not in a contract anymore as this expired in oct 2020. I have logged on to ID today expecting to see two different plans, but there is just my old one. Does the new plan only become active and appear on the dashboard when I set up the phone? And then what do I do about the old one as I don’t want to be paying for 2 contracts indefinitely... Also the email I received regarding the direct debit did not tell me when the payment will be made. Is it a case that I will be paying for 2 contracts for next month? This is fine, because I understand that we are probably mid billing period anyway, but I would like to know. Any help greatly appreciated.  I wish I could speak to someone over the phone about this...

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @th40416 

From the information you have provided it seems you have taken out a new iD Mobile contract and you need to disconnect your old contract?

In order to end your iD Mobile plan, you can do this on the iD Mobile app or My Account online, you will be subject to a 30-day disconnection period which means you will continue to pay for your iD Mobile services for the next 30-days.

To cancel your plan please follow the below steps:

• Click on the “My Account” link from the dashboard
  • On the ‘Manage my plan’ tile, select ‘Thinking of leaving’
  • Select ‘Switch or Cancel Now’
  • Click “End your iD Mobile plan” and follow the instructions

If you’re unable to cancel your plan using the iD Mobile App or My Account online, you can chat to one of our Live Chat agents.

As you have taken out a new iD contract you will need to register for another id account, you will need to use a different email address, as the same email address can not be used to register a second iD Mobile account.

I hope the above information helps, if you do have any questions, please just ask and I will be happy to help. 

Thanks

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Why iD Mobile?