Solved

New sim not working

• 18 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Ok might be a silly question but I already have an ID sim only and upgraded to a new ID sim only but the new SIM doesn't work in my phone. Am I supposed to do something to activate it? My ID app shows my new plan details. My old sim still works

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Phil 18 April 2018, 10:46

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Hi Shellejay, thanks for joining our community and making your first post.

If you've changed your plan, your existing SIM will remain active so you can either swap it back into your phone or activate the new SIM by using the app.

Let us know if you have any problems so we can help you get it all sorted but it's just easiest to keep using your old SIM. The new SIM is only provided in case you are also changing your phone and need a different size SIM.

-Phil
Thanks Phil

I can't seen to find on the app how to activate the new SIM so I will just keep the old one as long as the new plan I upgraded to works on the new SIM.

I have just received a new phone and a new Monthly sim from ID mobile which says it is activated. However it is not working In my new or old phone. I have tried everything suggested on the website.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Jennnich 

Have you upgraded recently?  It might be that you need to activate the new SIM in your iD Mobile App before it becomes the active SIM.

In the meantime we’d expect your old SIM to still be working fine (with whatever upgraded tariff you chose).

Let us know how you get on.

Why iD Mobile?