Solved

No internet or phone access for days, perhaps since Plan upgrade on 31 July

Userlevel 1

No iD Mobile internet or phone access for days, perhaps since Plan upgrade on 31 July

I have been at home most of the time recently and use my landline and wireless internet so I don’t know how long I have not had access. My regular iD mobile is used as a SAt Nav but I haven’t been anywhere I need a Sat Nav since lockdown. I know I didn’t have iD mobile internet access a couple of nights ago but thought it may have been a local problem that would get sorted. Today, I checked again but still no access. I started an iD chat and they chatted me through some iD mobile ID Access Point names but I lost the connection at the point I asked to select from drop down menu (only 1 choice) or enter *

I didn’t get any further and have failed to get Chat since then.

I was told I could visit a local  Currys store to get help. Will they be able to sort this out if it’s a case of needing a new SIM or updating my account with the new Plan details.

Edit 16.57

I removed the SIM cars, cleaned it and reinserted it and still no iD internet access.

icon

Best answer by Figgis 27 August 2020, 01:31

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi Figgis.

So that we can check firt of all if any known issues are affecting your area, please could you confirm your full postcode for us?

What device are you using the iD Mobile SIM in currently? 

You may need to delete some profiles/ settings left from having used the device with a previous network.

If you’re able to change your APN settings.  Then you can find out what to change those to here:

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/get-your-settings

Userlevel 1

A new SIM card is on the way to me.

Does anyone know about the Settings, especially the Access Point Names., under iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

Thank you for replying.

I tried the coverage for my post code (see my profile for City & postcode) and I am in a good coverage area (dark pink).  If I check “I have a 4G Voice Calling compatible phone, show me my updated coverage map” my post code is on the edge of a pale pink area.  If you can’t access my profile I can send you a PM if you tell me where I can send it. I can see MY Private Messages but that is it,

I’m using a Motorola G7 Power and have only used this SIM card in that phone since I bought it in January this year.

Thank you for the APN settings. I will check them and if they are different I will change them. The new SIM  card should be here on Monday so I may wait until then before changing the settings. If the new settings don’t work I don’t think there is a cat in hell chance of me remembering the old ones.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Thanks @Figgis, please let us know how you get on with your new SIM card once it arrives.

Will

Userlevel 1

What about coverage mentioned in my previous post.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Figgis,

I was thinking that the new SIM card may fix the coverage issues, so thought it best to wait and see how you get on with that before escalating to Private Messages. Is that alright by you @Figgis?

Will

Userlevel 1

Hi Figgis,

I was thinking that the new SIM card may fix the coverage issues, so thought it best to wait and see how you get on with that before escalating to Private Messages. Is that alright by you @Figgis?

Will

Update:

• The new SIM hasn’t arrived.  My post is very reliable and it should be here by now. 
Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi Figgis,

We’re sorry to hear that, we’ll have a member of our Support Team send a PM to you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Userlevel 1

Thank you. I have provided the necessary information.

Userlevel 1

New SIM card arrived this afternoon and activated soon after. Both phone calls and mobile internet is now working well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

That’s fantastic @Figgis, thanks for the public update, much appreciated.

Will

Why iD Mobile?