Solved

No service after switching plans

• 21 August 2020
  • 7 replies

I've not gotten any service for the past few days, I was told that my sim would update to the new plan within 30 minutes. This was from an old plan from 2017 offering 5000 minutes and calls plus 2GB I'm pretty sure for £7/month to a newer one that's unlimited calls and texts with 3GB data for £6 offered during the promotion.

Yet I have yet to be able to use data etc. Any guidance would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by JasonHRLee 22 August 2020, 15:35

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @JasonHRLee,

I am sorry to hear about that, how did you process the plan change; was it through your account or elsewhere?

At present, the only thing I can think of that would cause a loss of service is if a new SIM card was activated on your account before you received it. Do you remember seeing a prompt to activate a SIM card within your account?

Ryan

Hi @JasonHRLee,

I am sorry to hear about that, how did you process the plan change; was it through your account or elsewhere?

At present, the only thing I can think of that would cause a loss of service is if a new SIM card was activated on your account before you received it. Do you remember seeing a prompt to activate a SIM card within your account?

Ryan

Hello,

Yeah turns out it was a problem on my end I'll probably take this down, just had to reboot my phone cause it was a issue with my phone updating the sim not ID. Thanks for your help though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @JasonHRLee,

Thanks for confirming that, glad to hear the issue is sorted now!

Mohammed

Have received a text to say SIM card now in process of being activated but can take up to 24 hours and would send a text when done.  Now over 24 hours and i still have no service on my phone? Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @OrmondLodge,

Is this a replacement SIM card you’ve received?

Try restarting the handset and re-inserting this.

Was this a SIM issued due to your phone being reported as lost/stolen? If so, then there’s likely to be a suspension on services which needs to be lifted first.

Mohammed

Hi

Was told when changed contract on Friday that wouldnt need a new sim card and could carry on using as normal but then received a text later on on Friday that my new sim card had been activated?!  Was told by somebody at ID that they would send a new sim but this was just as a spare!!  

Now Monday and still no service and pulling my hair out as need for business!  No sim in post either - just need to use my phone urgently! My ID app is saying new plan now in place?

Laura 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @OrmondLodge,

You don’t need to use the replacement SIM but if you activate it by accident you will need to switch over.

I’ll send you a PM so we can re-issue one that should hopefully arrive quicker.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?