Question

Not able to add credit to new sim

I purchased new sim for a new phone.

Asked to keep old number. Old number not transferred but when I try to add funds on new phone the credit goes to old sim account. New phone now run out of credit and I will be charged £10 per 100mb. Should I end contract to solve this problem and if so how?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @T'nyP 

Welcome to iD Community.

Are both the connections with iD?

Thanks, 

Pearl

Hi Pearl, thanks for your fast reply.

Yes both are with ID.

Yes both with ID

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @T'nyP 

Unfortunately, that’s not possible. A number can only be transferred from another network into iD mobile or vice versa.

Please click on how to cancel , it has everything you need to cancel your account.

Please keep your Direct Debit open, the reason you should is - After your 30 days’ notice period ends, your plan will close, and we’ll issue your final bill. This bill will need to be paid by Direct Debit within 14 days. This is for your line rental, any out-of-plan usage up to the point of cancellation, and an early cancellation fee if it applies. If your Direct Debit fails (and it’ll obviously fail if you’ve cancelled it), your future credit rating might be affected – so please keep your Direct Debit open! 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Pearl

Hi Pearl, Thank you for taking the time to help me, however the problem is now solved.

Originally I had asked ID to send me a new sim for a new phone keeping the same number.

This was a mistake and wasted money using the new sim in the new phone.

To rectify the situation 

I removed the sim card from my old phone and transferred it to the new one.

No need to cancel any account as in reality there wasn’t a new account in place.

This problem was totally caused by my lack of experience using mobile phones.

Many thanks again for taking your time to help.

T.nyP

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @T'nyP 

No problem, I’m glad the issue is resolved.

Thanks for letting us know.

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?