Solved

Number not transferring

I upgraded a few weeks ago, through the app.  I hoped taht this would mean that my number automatically transferred.  My number didn't transfer, I requested a PAC code which I successfully submitted (apparently) before Easter, but my number still doesn't seem to have transferred.  What can I do?  My old contract expires in a few days and I don't want to change.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 8 September 2020, 12:07

View original

46 replies

Userlevel 1

That's my number just transferred over this morning. 

Now to go find me a new network

I have the same problem both my personal and work numbers are not being recognised and ID have failed to transfer my number (waiting 72 hours).  I am almost as irritated at Carphone Warehouse who must have known about these issues and went ahead with the sales pitch.  I’ve been told that ID Mobile are aware of the issue and are giving it the utmost priority.  But having seen the number of complaints on line it looks more like a standard mode of business.

I would be happy to support any approach to Ofcom.

Userlevel 1

@Michelle 

What iD Mobile, yourself and your colleagues on here do not seem to understand is that, while you guys keep claiming this is a current matter and is being dealt with... it clearly isn't. The forums are right with this exact problem, extending back months.

While your team keeps highlighting, these issues started last week. Yet, there are individuals who have been waiting well past a week, of their due date.

If you guys have been confident of your systems, you have a naive management. 

If you guys were not confident of your systems, customers requesting a port should have duly notified. Ports suspended. Alteast we would be contactable. 

The absolute lack of acknowledgement outside of the forum network, the mixed messages by customer services executives, no direct method of contact with your teams suggest iD Mobile are well aware and trying to hide behind the mask of the Internet, a bit like Internet trolls. 

On 3 occasions I have been asked to wait another 24 hours. Basically kicking the problem down the road to the next executives who deals with my problems

If new customers porting in are having so much trouble on their first experience, I think you will find many of us walking away to a different enterprise very quickly.

This is a big F.…

I am going to be collating all my correspondence for an ofCom report.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @Nessasary 

We are very sorry for the delay with your number port, due to an issue early in the week with our systems, number ports have been delayed.

We do have a team working through all port in requests as we speak.

You will receive a text message once your number has ported over successfully.

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

I'm still waiting for mine to transfer over for 7 days now 

My old number has been cut off and says number not recognised.

ID better not have lost that number forever as it's my main point of contact for work clients.

I appreciate issues, but the lack of contact from ID is ridiculous. I (and others) have had to chase ID to find out what's going on.

There are NO announcements on their website or Twitter, and texts are still going out saying ports will be done on certain days, knowing full well that at present these are lies because they can't be done due to the backlog and issues.

ID Mobiles terms and conditions say that if a number isn't ported on the day specified, then the customer will automatically receive 1 week service charge. That would be fine if it was a day late, but it's a week so far with me and still no end in sight.

I have my wife's SIM sat in a drawer waiting to port over, but no chance I'm starting that process until this gets resolved. Don't want her number lost forever too.

Anyone who posts on here about this issue just gets the same copied and pasted exact same response.

No formal update or timescale.

That is what mine says when I ring it. I wouldn’t mind but I’ve had my sim contract for 3 months and paid all 3 payments and not once used the sim due to waiting on my other contract expiring. 

And now I have my business number cut off for the since yesterday with no end in sight. 

This issue really has me worried as my number I want porting I paid a lot of money for as it’s like a platinum number you pay for.

Userlevel 1

Probably time to shut shop! Lol

Userlevel 1

ID Mobile's main website is currently down too.

They're not having a good time 

http://www.idmobile.co.uk

Userlevel 1

I feel the pain!

I spoke to them over on Facebook. 

We have to wait for the port to complete and then move. They said I will be allowed to leave without incurring any charges.

Userlevel 1

I'm still waiting for mine to transfer over for 7 days now 

My old number has been cut off and says number not recognised.

ID better not have lost that number forever as it's my main point of contact for work clients.

I appreciate issues, but the lack of contact from ID is ridiculous. I (and others) have had to chase ID to find out what's going on.

There are NO announcements on their website or Twitter, and texts are still going out saying ports will be done on certain days, knowing full well that at present these are lies because they can't be done due to the backlog and issues.

ID Mobiles terms and conditions say that if a number isn't ported on the day specified, then the customer will automatically receive 1 week service charge. That would be fine if it was a day late, but it's a week so far with me and still no end in sight.

I have my wife's SIM sat in a drawer waiting to port over, but no chance I'm starting that process until this gets resolved. Don't want her number lost forever too.

Anyone who posts on here about this issue just gets the same copied and pasted exact same response.

No formal update or timescale.

Userlevel 1

The fact you can't speak to someone... makes it worse! Their customer service is zero. Its the same with CPW.  Vodafone is charging a could of extra quid. I'll take my money there

Userlevel 1

That's what I have already been hearing for 48 hours now.

I contacted them on Twitter and they’ve just got back to me saying that they’re working through the backlog and numbers should transfer over in the next 24-48 hours (not holding my breath)

So hopefully yours comes through then too!

Userlevel 1

Tbh I have been only waiting for 48bhours post the actual window. I had submitted my request last week.

CPW have informed me ID have closed their customer service lines. Absolute s*** show

May I ask how long you’ve been waiting for? I’m really running out of options and there doesn't seem to be anyone I can talk to on the actual phone. I'm pretty sick of having generic replies on here...

Userlevel 1

It's a shambles! There is thread after thread on this matter. It's been going on for months. I should have done my homework better.

Your quiet right, what's the point in triggering a port if you are having system issues.

I got the worst reply from them.... saying its because we are having issues with out App.... my reply was what does have an app to do with this? So their reply changed to its maintenance problems. Then that changed to random porting issues which started on the 17th. But if you read the posts online, issues pre date for months.

Thanks @Kmalkan26 - I might just do that!

I’m in quarantine and the number I gave to track and trace was my old number! So now they can’t contact me and it may seem like I’m not following the rules! 

@Siân - if there's a delay why cancel our old numbers all together? it’s a bit ridiculous now. Can we get an update on this? “hopefully activate soon” isn’t enough of an update. “Soon” can be 2 days or 2 weeks.

An update would be appreciated please! 

Userlevel 1

Fire over to ofcom!!! ID Mobile are legally bound to compensate users for these delays.

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue, I got a message saying port will be done yesterday. My EE number that was being ported over (that I’ve had for 15-20years) has been cut off on the EE side as the sim now says invalid. But the new iD sim is still using the iD number I got with the contract. I’ve tried to ring my old number but it keeps coming back saying number not recognised. I’ve restarted my phone countless times and nothing. I’ve also spoke to EE and they said on their end port was successful and my account has now been closed. What they hell is going on? Got to be the worse service from a company ever, I use that number for my business and it’s costing me money.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @Nessasary 

Thanks for getting in touch. I am afraid there are some delays with some SIM’s being activated and numbers porting over at the moment. Our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I would advise to periodically reboot your phone and hopefully it will activate soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi!

I’ve rebooted my phone on many occasions, nothing has been updated...

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello @Nessasary 

Thanks for getting in touch. I am afraid there are some delays with some SIM’s being activated and numbers porting over at the moment. Our team are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible.

I would advise to periodically reboot your phone and hopefully it will activate soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

I’m having the same issue as everyone else here (which is very telling)

I made sure I gave my PAC code a week ago to give it enough time to transfer my older number over and it’s STILL not been done.

Can someone please get back to me ASAP to sort this out? I NEED my old number.

Thanks!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hello @natania.kobayashi 

We can check the status of your number port for you.

We’ll send you a private message on here so that we can verify your details. 

To view the message sent.  Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages. 

Thanks. 

Michelle 

iD Mobile 

Userlevel 1

I've just received a call about my complaint saying that it'll be passed to the improvements team and asked if I'm happy to close my case. There's nothing more that can be done but hopefully this will get resolved because it was not a nice first experience of this service provider. I suggested that a text confirmation of the successful request prior to the port confirmation is received so that we know it's been successful and gone through (otherwise I wouldn't have waited 24 hours!).

Here's hoping.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Not all of yesterdays were successful because mine didn’t port over! I had to resubmit my port request and my number finally ported over today. 👍

Why iD Mobile?