Solved

Proof of purchase for Samsung £50.00 Cashback claim

• 2 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

So, I’ve recently upgrade to a Samsung A51 - for which I am entitled to £50 cahsback. Great, yeah?

To get this, one of the hurdles I must jump through, I need to provide a proof of purchase in the form of an image.

so far, I have received emails confirming my order, all with varying bits of information, but not one of them has everything (I need ID logo, the date of purchase, the product and it’s price).

Obviously at this point, I would be getting in contact with ID, but I can’t. Even though I work in a help centre and I am working remotely from home, as my company actually cares about its customers. 

Clearly not the case here. 

Instead of giving up, I have tried to get my new phone set up with the “wonderful” ID app. 

Part of the set up is entering a security number that get sent to me in a text. I type it in. 

“Oops. Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later” 

I copy the number, paste it in. Guess what - Something is still wrong. 

I ask for a new number - I put this in. Its still wrong. 

I’ll be honest - I really did hesitate to upgrade through ID, I’ve found the service pretty below average with things just not working as they should. (Even not being able to ring the non emergency line amongst other things)

This is now just one more thing not working. 

I have about 1 or two weeks left to submit my application to get my cashback. ID’s system is letting me down. Does anyone know of something I can do? 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 2 April 2020, 14:31

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

@Danny.lit

Firstly I believe the order confirmation email should be enough for proof of purchase. 

You would need to speak to Samsung directly regarding this issue.

Try calling them on 03452160058

Hope this helps. 

Second, Ignore the “Oops. Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later”, just delete the ID Mobile APP and re-install it, and try again, everything should now work.

very helpful - thank you Terry. I will give it go now.

Why iD Mobile?