Solved

PAC code to take number from PAYG to Monthly

• 5 April 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
How do I get a PAC code from my PAYG account (with idMobile) so that I can transfer the number to my Pay Monthly account (also with idMobile)?
icon

Best answer by russg 12 April 2019, 09:51

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @russg

It is not possible to port the number from ID to ID. It is only possible from different network like O2 or Vodafone.

Unfortunately it is also not possible to move your number from PAYG to Pay Monthly.

You have two paths that you could take

Order brand new number with pay monthly Sim and stop using existing one or you could port your number to different provider like Giffgaff use it for month and then port it back to ID as pay monthly.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
That's ridiculous!
Surely somebody, at some level in your organisation, is able to transfer a number from one SIM/account to another?

Can you please escalate this to your most senior technical/operations management?

Thanks.
Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @russg

I am not ID Mobile employee I am customer like you. I am just here to share my knowledge if other customers and try to help them. Below I will post a screenshot of FAQ page from ID Mobile website to help you understand the situation.

I am pretty sure (but not 100%). That we customers are required to accept T&C when registering for PAYG and one of the points is the information registered inability to upgrade to Pay Monthly.

We just need to wait for @Mohammed, @Kash, or @Ryan to read this post as they are employed by ID and hopefully will be able to advise you more than I can.

Kind Regards
Userlevel 1
Sorry @Hikari , my mistake. Thanks for replying and copying in the ID guys.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @russg,

The way that number porting works means that a PAC code can't take a number from one contract and apply it to another.

The only way a PAC code would work is by transferring a number into your new plan from another network.

Ryan
Userlevel 1
Hi @Ryan,
Yes, I've got that now. What I was actually trying to achieve in the first place was to simply switch my account from a PAYG to a Pay Monthly, i.e. all within idmobile. Due to your inability to do this, I've had to switch to another network and back again, just to stay with idmobile and on a monthly plan!
I note from other Community posts that I'm not the only one who's wanted to do this. Seems like a problem you ought to be able to solve which would improve your proposition.

Anyway, I'm all sorted for now thanks.

Russell
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks for confirming that @russg,

We have passed on the feedback for this previously. We hope that it's a feature that's available in the coming future.
We're glad that it has now been sorted for you though Russell!

Mohammed

@Mohammed can you now move a number from PAYG to monthly??

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Mohammed can you now move a number from PAYG to monthly??

Hey @Amarveer,

This isn’t a feature we support, sorry about that.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?