Question

PAYG to Pay Monthly

Hi,
Is it possible to change from PAYG to pay monthly, or is it easier just to buy a Pay Monthly sim?

Pete

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hey @Chalklands,

It's not possible to convert/upgrade from a PAYG to a PAYM plan.

You'll need to take out a new SIM-only contract.

Though, this information was correct from when I last checked, you can go into the iD app/account and if the option to upgrade is available, you should be able to follow the steps to do this.

Mohammed

Hello I had a payg sim card but I now have a contract with you 
I've informed you but I have received a letter today saying I owe £8 for my payg sim card 
Please check this for me

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Billscholed 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima

I have just changed from PAYG to PAYM.

When I put in and activated the new PAYM SIM it gave me the saame phone number as for my PAYG account.

How do I reclaim the outstanding balance on my PAYG account?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @ADDayan, as far as I’m aware, it’s not possible to move from a PAYG to a PAYM plan, so it seems like you may have just been provided a replacement SIM. For clarification, I recommend speaking to the Live Chat team.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks for promptness.

That is what I feared. Very inconvenient and a great disincentive to recommending iD to others.

As i will have to abandon my old PAYG number how can I reclaim my outstanding balance on that SIM?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi,

We are unable to refund remaining PAYG balance unfortunately.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Kash

Userlevel 1

wonder if someone can help, my wife was on a monthly rolling account (sim only) she has upgraded to sim only yearly and was told ID would send a new sim out. No change of telephone or phone number and the account is showing upgraded.

Does she have to use a new sim or can she continue to use the existing one?

She is afraid to use the phone as the new sim has not arrived.

Any ideas please?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

wonder if someone can help, my wife was on a monthly rolling account (sim only) she has upgraded to sim only yearly and was told ID would send a new sim out. No change of telephone or phone number and the account is showing upgraded.

Does she have to use a new sim or can she continue to use the existing one?

She is afraid to use the phone as the new sim has not arrived.

Any ideas please?

The existing SIM will continue to work if you changed or upgraded from the iD App or your iD My Account online.

The only reason iD send out a new (inactivated) SIM card is for those cases where the existing SIM doesn’t fit the phone you plan to use with iD Mobile.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for that, it makes sense I’ll tell her its ok to continue to use the phone and when the new sim arrives just keep it as a spare in case she gets a new phone at anytime. Thanks again

Why iD Mobile?