Solved

Payment taken after upgrade

• 23 January 2021
  • 14 replies

I took my upgrade option on the 5th January and my bill amount went into credit.

The amount of my old contract has since been taken from my bank which makes no sense and is not showing as a further credit on my account.

I have now cancelled the direct debit to ensure this does not happen again.

I would like to know why the money was taken and where it has gone? as you can see from the images both show 5th Jan.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 27 January 2021, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Here is the 2nd image

I have now claimed the direct debit back from my back via an indemnity claim so maybe someone from ID will now contact me?

Removing phone numbers from CS is an absolute disgrace!!  I will be changing providers on both my contracts when they end.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

HI @cryptic3 

This seems like a Pro-rata charge. Please see below: 

£28.74 was the monthly amount I paid before changing my contract, on upgrading my account went into credit as shown in the image.

Things would be so much easier if we could just chat with someone to get things explained!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @cryptic3,

We’ll drop you a PM now so we can take a look at the account and billing dates to understand what’s happened.

Mohammed

Hello @cryptic3,

We’ll drop you a PM now so we can take a look at the account and billing dates to understand what’s happened.

Mohammed

PM sent immediately and another today and still no response.

This is terrible CS!!

I think one of the worse things about this is that Mohammed was replying to other posts yesterday but did not respond to my messages.

How they can continue to operate like this is beyond me and I hope 1000’s of customers leave them as I am doing when my contracts end.

I have found several cheaper deals than those offered with ID and with live chat and real CS too.

ID you should be ashamed!!!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @cryptic3,

As we have a team of different colleagues supporting both the public end and private message section of the Community, often the person initiating the private message may not be the one who is going to reply further.

We aim to reply to all PMs within 24-48 hours, oldest first but it seems as though the PM was bumped so it ‘refreshed’ the last sent date which meant you received a reply closer to the 48-hour mark. We apologise for any upset caused.

I have since replied to your message.

Thanks.
Ryan

If my account is in credit why am I getting this message?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @cryptic3 

If you’re in credit then your credit would be taken first before anything else.

So if there’s more than enough credit to cover the entire bill, then no payment will come out of your bank.

I believe those kinds of texts are simply monthly reminders of when your billing date is and don’t take credits into account.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi again @cryptic3 

If your account is in credit by £19.05, then providing your bill is is less than that the credit will be covering that for you.

Fingers crossed it works as it should, I have little faith in the automated service after last month. 🤞

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @cryptic3,

No need to worry here, but feel free to message us if things don’t go to plan for whatever reason.

Will

Why iD Mobile?