Solved

Plan change

• 16 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi. My 2 year phone/sim contract with idmobile is coming ro an end and I'm switching to a monthly, sim-only plan.  I've been sent a new sim. My question is do I need to use that sim or can I just carry on using my old one?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ryan 22 December 2020, 16:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Alex1517,

You can keep on using your old SIM card however it is worth checking your account online to see if it does prompt you to activate and use the new one. If it doesn’t then you’ll be fine.

Ryan

Hello , I’ve just purchased a sim only upgrade for £16 per month for unlimited data, messages and calls from a £5 per month contract which has ended. I have received and email to say it’s on its way but was wondering if once I insert the new sim if my payments/ allowances change on my account details as according to details on your page it should change  after 30 mins of changing and this still hasn’t switched over? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Vicky4781 

Did you take out a new separate contract from the previous contract you had or did you select a Plan Change through the iD app? 

If it is a new contract, then a new iD account will need to be created for this. If it is a Plan change, the number will remain the same and the iD app will be updated once the new sim has been despatched.

-Mohsin

Hi mohsin, I’m not aware of taking out a new contract? The contract I had for £5 a month is for my son and he was running out of data all the time . I clicked it n to my account and it said recommended sim upgrade which I clicked on and then asked for payment details for direct debit set up. I just want to to change his allowance and not set up a whole new contract if that’s what I’ve done?  I have tried to find contact numbers to speak to someone direct as the live chat is a waste of space and keeps directing me to the wrong thing. I just need to know whether I will be paying for the old plan and the new one as according to my Id mobile it is still showing at £5 per month instead of £16 ? Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Vicky4781, the fact that it’s asked for your Direct Debit details makes it sound like you’ve taken out a new SIM here, as an upgrade would have simply carried on using your existing Direct Debit details.

We’ll drop you a private message now and double check for you.

Thank you,

Rory

Thanks Rory 

Why iD Mobile?