Question

PLan upgraded to unlimited calls but notified I've used up my call allowance?

• 8 April 2020
  • 6 replies

I changed my plan around 5days ago as I was running out of free minutes. My new plan is for unlimited minutes, and it shows that in my account details. I’ve now just received a text saying I have used 100% of my minutes and will be charged 40p per min for UK calls; perhaps I should buy an add-on.

But I have unlmited minutes: how can this be? Do I need an add-on or do I just continue to make calls? I now have to use my phone for work so need the unlimited calls...

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @smc 

I have answered very similar question in here. Just to add to that. I am sure you won't  be charged anything extra as long as you got unlimited minutes. 

Many thanks for the reassurance. 

My normal contract is only for 500 minutes per month however I’d mobile have sent me a message on 21 April stating they had added free unlimited  UK minutes until 11.59pm on 13 June.  Today (25 April) at 1.54pm I get a message stating I have used all my minutes allowance and will be charged 40p per minute and then goes on to state how I can buy add on minutes. This is rather worrying I am in my 70’s and have tried to contact idmobile to explain what is going on but no contact is available. There must be many people in the same position as myself who are confused or probably feeling forced to buy add on minutes. The company should clarify the situation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Joyw , please completely disregard the message you received on April 25th advising of additional charges and suggesting an add-on, this is automated due to the initial allowance running out. Now that the 500 minutes of your normal allowance are gone, the unlimited we are now providing will kick in. You’ll be absolutely fine to continue using your minutes with no further charges.

Hope this clears everything up for you, but please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Cheers,

Will

they have already added 70p to my bill for next month i only spoke on the phone for  2 minutes

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Who was it you called @blues1906?

Premium rate numbers from companies can be relatively costly, and it’s usually wise to look for a freephone alternative or any other free means to contact them.

Some more info on call charges that may be helpful:
https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/call-charges

Why iD Mobile?