Solved

RPI Price rise question

Userlevel 1
Had a text about a price rise.

Given that my contract includes a phone, does the price rise apply to my whole contract or just the call charge element of the contract?
icon

Best answer by Ryan 6 March 2019, 15:52

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9
Hi @notdodgy

I am with ID Mobile since it's beginning of existence and I did not experience a single bill rise for a contract that I had with them therefore I would assume that might be regarding charges applied after you use up from free allowance.

Regards
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @notdodgy,

The price rise will be due to RPI (Retail Price Index) which allows us to rise our contract prices almost in-line with inflation, and this affects certain contracts only. The rise is only against your normal monthly amount and additional charges will remain at the current rates.

I hope this help clears things up!

Ryan

My monthly billing is £22.99; I accept that due to the RPI, the price will be increased by 1.4% (Feb 2021).

This should mean that I should be charged £23.31; so why am I being charged £23.94 per month?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Saifuddin,

When was the plan initially taken out sorry?

Will

Hi @Will 

The plan started from December 2019

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Saifuddin 

We will send you a Private Message so we can look into this on our end. To view the message sent, simply click on your profile icon and select Private Messages.

-Mohsin

Userlevel 1

I have just joined iD mobile today and checked my contract, I'm on £10 sim only rolling contract and I have just seen this, it will jump to £10.78 from next April. I hope it doesn't as there is nothing to suggest this otherwise, or small print. I only joined as there is supposed to be no increase on SIM only plans. Can anyone please clarify. Cheers.👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @gaz gaz 

A SIM only plan would not be subject to RPI rates! You should be okay.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @gaz gaz 

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. There was nothing to suggest the RPI increase would be implemented to SIM only plans when I signed the contract. Only afterwards I got an email saying it would go up 78p on £10 30 day rolling. The principal is I'm not going to pay 1p as this was not stated when I purchased it. Nothing on terms and conditions. So I hope it stays at £10 for a very long time. I'm still waiting for my SIM to arrive and I'll contact customer support then. 👍😉

Cheers

Gary 

Userlevel 1

Hi @gaz gaz 

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @gaz gaz 

Tom

Hi Tom

FYI

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Clearly iD Mobile plan on adding annual price increases to their SIM only plans. Was always only a matter of time tbh, one of the reasons I switched to SMARTY. 

Userlevel 1

Clearly iD Mobile plan on adding annual price increases to their SIM only plans. Was always only a matter of time tbh, one of the reasons I switched to SMARTY. 

Hi, yes it was a shock, the only reason on joining iD was no RPI increase they promised. I know it's 78p on £10  30 day rolling from next Aptil but they have done this sneaky trick without any notice etc. I'm still waiting my SIM to arrive then I'll look at SMARTY. Still in cooling off period.👍😉

Userlevel 1

Just had a look at SMARTY SIM only plans. Same as iD plans but they don't raise their plans mid contract, eg no RPI increase. Should of went with them as I feel I'm getting ripped off here. This RPI thing is a money making scam by these companies.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

SMARTY also allow you to add multiple phone numbers to the same account and even offer additional group discounts. I pay £10.80 for 100GB data and unlimited calls and texts.

Myself, my wife, my son are all on SMARTY. My youngest son has my old iD Mobile phone and SIM but I will be moving him over to SMARTY too.

Shame really because I like iD Mobile but due to their restrictive ways it forced me to switch. Annual price rises were another! 

Anyway, you might not get hit with an increase but you won't know until April 2023 for sure.

Userlevel 1

SMARTY also allow you to add multiple phone numbers to the same account and even offer additional group discounts. I pay £10.80 for 100GB data and unlimited calls and texts.

Myself, my wife, my son are all on SMARTY. My youngest son has my old iD Mobile phone and SIM but I will be moving him over to SMARTY too.

Shame really because I like iD Mobile but due to their restrictive ways it forced me to switch. Annual price rises were another! 

Anyway, you might not get hit with an increase but you won't know until April 2023 for sure.

Just been on chat. Explained regarding the increase and there is no RPI increase on SIM only plans. Now they have cancelled my plan before they told me this. Will have to wait 48 hours for them to reactivate my account.

Userlevel 1

What a utter nightmare!. Just been on chat again for any update as it went to the technical team. My plan has been cancelled to a PAYG plan!. This was closed by iD as they thought I was on a 24 months plan and not 30 day rolling as I'm on now.  They said I have to go all through again if I want another contract. No way as another hard search will be on my file. I'm still waiting for my SIM to arrive as it's no good now. Shocking by iD this. They said to leave my DD active to see what I've been charged and any refund!. With having no service etc I shouldn't have to pay even 1p!. Going over to SMARTY. At least there's no check and annual price rise. Absolutely shocking!.

Userlevel 1

Any ideas how I get the hard search removed by iD Mobile incompetence?. They messed up my 30 day £10 rolling and they have now cancelled it. I'm now getting a PAYG SIM 🤣, said cut up if I don't want it. They said I have to do it again from scratch if I want the same deal. No chance, another hard search on my report. 

Any help would be appreciated 👍

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

You cannot get a hard search removed from your credit report. If they closed the account or must have been done at your request? 

Userlevel 1

You cannot get a hard search removed from your credit report. If they closed the account or must have been done at your request? 

Hi WelshPaul, they closed it.  One of the agents on the live chat closed it as they thought I had a 24 months plan. I had a 30 day rolling SIM only. No apology, nothing from them. They say to leave my DD active for any charges and issue any refund. There should be no charges as they haven't provided a service. All of this was because of the RPI increase query. Still haven't got the SIM anyway. This wasn't stated when I purchased the SIM only plan. Just want to leave. Shocking experience.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

I don't understand why they would close the account without you requesting it be closed? Regardless of any minimum term.

Anyway, one of the iD Mobile team will no doubt respond to your posts in due course (they should have access to the live chat transcript) and will be able to respond accordingly. Good luck! 👍

Userlevel 1

I don't understand why they would close the account without you requesting it be closed? regardless of any minimum term. One of the iD Mobile team will no doubt respond to your posts in due course, they will have access to the live chat transcript no doubt and will be able to respond accordingly. Good luck! 👍

Yes, they should have access to the transcripts. Was 2 different agents I chatted with. It was all iD Mobile fault. Now just waiting for the refund etc.Thanks for your help WelshPaul 👍😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

HI @gaz gaz 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there.

Tom

I’m in the last 2 months of my plan and its just increased from £45 to £50.  Could someone explain the maths behind this because none of the justifications here seem to justify this much.  I’d also like a transcript of the chat I’ve just had and clarification of what your actual opening hours are because a chat started just after 5.30 was apparently outside your opening hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Woodcat 

This increase is likely because of the RPI rates increase that takes place in April, this years RPIs increase is 13.4%. Please double check the exact monthly line rental increase amount?

After a live chat there should be an option to have the chat transcript emailed to you, was this option not selected?

Our Live Chat team are available 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 6pm Saturday, Sunday.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?