Solved

sim card not provisioned

• 10 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I upgraded my contract yesterday and the operator said I can keep using the same sim card. All day today it has been saying ‘sim card not provisioned’. I tried to restart the phone and the app a few times, but not any better. Can you please help me out asap? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 17 December 2020, 13:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @svet,

It sounds like you’ve since activated the new SIM.

This is done via the app/account when a prompt asks if you’re using the new SIM. If this was quickly accepted, then the new SIM will have activated.

Can you confirm if you have since had the new SIM delivered and using it?

Mohammed

Hi,

No. I am using my old SIM card. The operator that I spoke to on the phone when upgrading my contract, said that I can keep using my old SIM. Moreover, I am out of the country at the moment. So i have no option but to use the old SIM only. Can you please make it work asap?

Thanks,

Svet

Hello @svet,

It sounds like you’ve since activated the new SIM.

This is done via the app/account when a prompt asks if you’re using the new SIM. If this was quickly accepted, then the new SIM will have activated.

Can you confirm if you have since had the new SIM delivered and using it?

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @svet,

If the new SIM has been activated in the app by yourself, there is no way for us to reverse this.

The only solution is to use the new SIM or we can issue a new SIM.

We’re not able to internationally ship a SIM though.

Mohammed

Hi, 

I haven’t activated anything on the app! I just talked to you colleague and he said I can keep using the current old SIM. So can you please help me further?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @svet,

You are always fine to use the old SIM, but if a new one has been sent out then a prompt will appear on your account/app asking if you want to start using the new SIM. Sometimes this is agreed too, possibly by accident, but it will then activate the new SIM.

I can see we have sent you a PM a bit ago so please take a look and let us know if you need anything else.

Ryan

Why iD Mobile?