Solved

sim card tariff upgrade

• 24 November 2020
  • 10 replies

Why do u suspend the line before we receive the new sim card tariff upgrade. We have been left without a phone line for 2days now.

icon

Best answer by Michelle 9 February 2021, 13:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Why do u suspend the line before we receive the sim card tariff upgrade. We have been left without a phone line for 2days now.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @CPONNOU,

This sounds as though the SIM card activation was selected manually by the user within the account before the SIM card arrived. When upgrading, if a new SIM card is issued with the order then when you log in online, it will pop up and ask if you would like to activate the new SIM card. If you choose to activate the SIM card yourself before receiving the order then the SIM card in transit will be the one that is active.

We can’t reactivate a deactivated SIM card so a new SIM card would need to be issued. We will send you a PM now to do this although the SIM card with the order may arrive sooner.

Ryan

Hi thank you. We did not activate any sim card. It just stopped working to evenings ago and we still haven't received the new sim card. So my son is still without a phone that can't call.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @CPONNOU ,

W’ell send you a private message now to get you that new SIM card sent out.

Will

My sim card stopped working just before Christmas and I have been unable to get a response from ID mobile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Graham T 

We are sorry to hear your SIM card has not been working.

Please could you provide a little more information:

• Have you any signal showing on your phone
  • Are there any error messages 
  • Have you upgraded or changed your plan recently 
  • Does turning the phone off and back on again help
  • Does your SIM card work in another device

Thank you

Michelle

iD Mobile 

Hi Michelle

Thanks for getting back to me. The phone is saying No Sim, No service

The is an error message from Whatsapp saying wrong time signal.

I made no changes to plan of phone it just stopped working 

The phone has been off and on several times, I have tried gently cleaning the card and the phone but it makes no difference.

The only other device we have that it fits is locked to Virgin mobile. My wife’s ID  card in her phone is smaller. We are not mixing with anyone else because of Covid.

I have tried contacting ID numerous times on the Chat room to try to get another Sim card but have waited for hours and go no response. I have paid for 2months of usage that I have not had

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Could we take your postcode please @Graham T so we can run some checks for you please?

Will

My postcode is BH20 5BS

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Graham T,

I can’t see any issues in that area. We’ll drop you a Private Message now to access your account, and see what’s going on. I think you may benefit from a new SIM to be honest.

Will

Why iD Mobile?