Solved

Sim only plans

I don’t want to upgrade my phone, but am not seeing any Sim only options to change my plan to? 

icon

Best answer by happy_here 2 September 2020, 15:17

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1

I had a similar problem.

It hurts me to say this but the only (achievable) way to resolve this is to use live chat.

The options to move are invisible if you use the app or the website, so its your only choice currently.

Book yourself a morning (or all day) off and when you do eventually get someone to chat to they will sort it.  I logged in on 4 separate occasions and eventually (after a 40minute wait, then a 30 minute wait, then a 45 minute wait and finally a 75 minute wait) I managed to connect to someone and my problem was sorted within 10 minutes. Got 30 MB + unlimited minutes & txts on a 30 day rolling contract for £10, so it was (almost) worth the frustration.

I feel for you, but currently it appears the only way.

Good luck.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. 😉

Userlevel 1

You are very welcome.

It was my final attempt (before frustration would have had the better of me) - glad I kept trying. If it hadn’t been such a great deal I would have moved to Virgin or GiffGaff but friends had told me of similar problems they had encountered (4 hour phone calls) when trying to move, so I was stuck between a rock and a hard spot. 

Glad I took a day off tho’- first attempt was at 10am, solved by 3:30pm, but at least I could do something else while keeping an eye on the PC monitor.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re terribly sorry to hear you had trouble reaching our Live Chat Team @Taura and that for some reason this topic wasn’t showing as untouched by us until now.

Are you outside of your existing contract?  As once that contract has ended you should be able to switch to a SIM-only plan through the iD Mobile App or our website.

Hi,  had the same issue when trying to switch to SIM only plan. Only the 24 month contracts were showing when I selected the option to upgrade my plan. The adviser on chat said I should see the SIM only contract as well but it was not showing. Then I noticed there was a “Filter” option, which when selected, allowed me to select 24 month contracts or Monthly contracts. After choosing Monthly, the SIM Only contract was then displayed and I could select it. So everything was OK and I was able to make the change.

The adviser wasn’t aware of the filter however and I wasted a lot of time on chat with 2 different advisers - would be good if they were aware of how the select contract page works.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @happy_here,

Thank you for sharing your solution. You’re completely correct in that the adviser should have know about this, and we’ll do our best to ensure that’s the case moving forward.

Thanks again,

Will

No able to see the filter as advised above. I click on Upgrade Options and all I get is a list of phones. Clicking any of the menu buttons doesn’t work. 

This should be as easy as clicking a few options. Am not willing to spend hours on the phone, I’d sooner change network.

Any advice? Screenshots?

Userlevel 1

Hey LotsofDogs.

I’ve just tried this on the app (19:55 on 22/09/2020).

Under the “Your recommended upgrade deal.” at the bottom of the option to get a “NEW DEAL” of whichever phone they are pushing, there is a button marked “View all upgrade deals”… click this.

Hopefully then you will get a new page with “Upgrades” (although this is the very first time I have seen this!!).

As Happy_here says there are then two ‘drop down’ buttons, left one labelled “Filters” and the right one labelled “Popular”.  I’ve just selected the “Filter” one and then a new page offers me “Brands”, but below this is an iD-Specific  tab with “Maximum Monthly cost”: select Contract length of 1 month and then “show options”, the sim only options appear. Scroll down and click “show all deals”

Check the WHOLE LIST!! The prices & data seem to rise proportionally (e.g. £6=1GB, £7=£GB, £8=8GB, £9=9GB,£12=12GB, £13=20GB….. etc.) but then in the middle of the list is a 30GB for £10!! 

I will repeat, this is the first time I have seen this and I didn’t at or around the time I wished to change - perhaps now I’m on a sim only contract my selections have altered?!?

Hope this is useful.

Thank you for your reply and for looking.

It’s okay… after two hours of going in circles, I managed to get the chat screen to load. Apparently the Sim Only filter/button won’t appear until closer to the ‘real’ upgrade date. Of course, I thought when they said ‘upgrade on the 22nd September’, they actually meant it. But no, it’s just a date when they offer to sell you a new handset.

I suggested they make it clear on customers’ account page in order to stop wasting people’s time.

I’ll keep your suggestion in mind and make sure to look carefully. Thanks again for your efforts.

Hey LotsofDogs.

I’ve just tried this on the app (19:55 on 22/09/2020).

Under the “Your recommended upgrade deal.” at the bottom of the option to get a “NEW DEAL” of whichever phone they are pushing, there is a button marked “View all upgrade deals”… click this.

Hopefully then you will get a new page with “Upgrades” (although this is the very first time I have seen this!!).

As Happy_here says there are then two ‘drop down’ buttons, left one labelled “Filters” and the right one labelled “Popular”.  I’ve just selected the “Filter” one and then a new page offers me “Brands”, but below this is an iD-Specific  tab with “Maximum Monthly cost”: select Contract length of 1 month and then “show options”, the sim only options appear. Scroll down and click “show all deals”

Check the WHOLE LIST!! The prices & data seem to rise proportionally (e.g. £6=1GB, £7=£GB, £8=8GB, £9=9GB,£12=12GB, £13=20GB….. etc.) but then in the middle of the list is a 30GB for £10!! 

I will repeat, this is the first time I have seen this and I didn’t at or around the time I wished to change - perhaps now I’m on a sim only contract my selections have altered?!?

Hope this is useful.

This method worked for me just now at 10am on 12/11/20. How the hell anyone is meant to find that I don’t know but it worked! 30GB for £10 for 12 months

I’m less than 30 days from the end of current contract so not sure if that makes a difference.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @dc2020 

If you were previously on a 24-month contract, and you’re looking to move over to a 30-day rolling contract.  It used to be that you’d need to be out of the existing contract period before you could do the plan change to the best of my knowledge.

Though if you have managed to place the order you were looking for all ok then things should be fine we’d expect.  Just let us know here when the time comes if you need us to look at anything though, and we can send a private message if need be

-or- you can reach out to our Live Chat Team.

Why iD Mobile?