Question

Sim plan upgraded through app to new phone contract, now I have two accounts!

• 13 November 2020
  • 1 reply

I have recently upgraded , through the app, from a monthly sim only deal to a 24m new phone & plan.

I wanted to retain the original number but I have been sent a new phone number & account number with the new phone.

I don’t want to be paying for both plans, just the new phone contract with the old phone number. 

Do I need to cancel the old sim plan and get the number transferred? - If so how do I go about it since it is impossible to get hold of anybody human to talk to.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @CurtC 

Generally speaking.  If you’re logged in to your existing iD Mobile account and look at doing an Upgrade, then you should always be retaining your old number.

You would only ever receive a new number if you had done a new purchase.

Was your old SIM a Data Only plan?

Unfortunately we can’t move a number from one iD Mobile account to another, so if you have purchased a new line then you’d need to either:

Return that phone so that we can cancel that contract on the new number

-or-

You could move your old number to another network (on a simple Pay As You Go SIM).  Then, move the number from the other network back over to us (but on your new plan).

Either contact our Live Chat Team or let us know if you’d like us to private message you with any further help needed.

Why iD Mobile?