Solved

sim problems big time!

• 16 October 2020
  • 4 replies

Pretty complicated, so bear with me!

Bought Huawei phone with ID £15.77 monthly 2 year contract ended September this year//// replaced it with a ID SIM only deal £6 monthly to put into another new phone independently bought! (Selling Huawei phone)....new SIM came, put  into new phone and arranged to have my old number ported...well after waiting 2 WEEKS with not being ported and my old phone still ringing, I swapped the Sims over, so now my old phone has new SIM.... New phone has old SIM..! BUT now I'm getting charged for 2 phones I think!! Ideally I need to  SPEAK to someone to get this sorted.. I'm at a loss how to proceed!       HELP PLEASE IF YOU CAN.

IF ALL ELSE FAILS I WILL BE CANCELLING DD,s WITH BANK

icon

Best answer by Kevin 19 October 2020, 20:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Nickers333 

Thanks for getting in touch here.

First up.  We’re unable to move one existing iD Mobile number over to another iD Mobile account.

It would always be recommended (when you want to keep a number) that you log in to your iD Mobile account and simply look at doing an Upgrade -or- a Plan Change on your account so that you can either start another 24-month contract -or- simply move over to a rolling 30-day SIM-only deal.

Given what you’ve described we’ll need to contact you now to cancel your most recent SIM-only order as obviously that will be no use to you if you’re not wanting the new number that came with that SIM.  We’ve sent you a private message so that we can help further.

Simply click on your profile icon in the top right, then go to your private messages.

Thank you Kevin for your well described advice..

Since writing my last message, i've been in touch (chat line) with ID.... I explained in best detail what happened and I'm expecting another SIM tiday and she has confirmed that it's a £6 SIM I mth deal for 07958015793 which is the number I wish to keep I will need to activate it but I'm afraid to do this as it might start charging me for yet another plan.. I think I will wait until you have got back to me with your further advice.. thank you so much for this.

nicki

Kevin

I have now been over to carphone warehouse, Chippenham, they've explained all, put my very new SIM ( that came this morning  and I think now waiting for an imbursement from ID?

So between you and the warehouse, things are looking clearer!

Thank you

Nicki

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Nickers333,

I see that we’re now assisting you with this in private messages, so we’ll continue to do so.

Will

Why iD Mobile?