Solved

SIM taking long to become active

Why is it taking so long to activate my sim (nearly two days)
icon

Best answer by Rory 4 October 2020, 10:47

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 4
Have you tried calling I’d mobile
you could always go direct to curry’s pc world or a car phone wharehouse or knows how team as I’d and all these companies are the same thing owned by the Dixon’s group
try updating your mobile to newest software too that could be the problem
or you might need a new sim
Userlevel 4
Download the app to see if your contract has started
Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Hello @JMR,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the SIM being activated.

New contract SIMS are activated upon dispatch or within 24-hours of purchase.

If you're referring to a SIM sent to you from an upgrade, this may need to be manually activated.

Can you clarify on your purchase type?

For SIM-Swaps only (from an upgrade/plan change) head to https://my.idmobile.co.uk/web/cpw/sim-swap

Mohammed
Userlevel 1

Got the same problem. New, upgrade, sim….online activate….still waiting after 36 hours………..so no phone, SMS or mobile data….a tad annoyed (to say the least).

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @macwomble,

How is the old SIM card that you used previously? Is that still functioning, or have both gone completely down?

Will

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @macwomble,

The old SIM should still be usable in the interim.

Have you checked to see if the old SIM is still working? That way, you should still have phone, SMS & Mobile Data until the SIM Switches over.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

What going on ??  2 days ago I had activated replaset SIM 2 days ago REMOVED, and  nothing work, “live chat” never available, no way to get support  by phone - only answering options. Thats the Worst service, i  think I have to change provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Storozh,

Have you tried restarting your handset and removing the SIM and re-inserting?

Sometimes this is all that’s required for the change to be picked up.

Did you recently report your phone as lost/stolen? If so, then it’s most likely that there is a suspension on the account which we’ll need to manually lift.

If this is the case, please reply here and we’ll get a PM sent over.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

about 10 times

although your answering machine says “” sim already actived “”
Userlevel 1

I had reported my phone is lost, but I have reseived new SIM and activated it on saturday, but still out of connection

Userlevel 1

It looks like only way to solve it -to  terminate contract and change for any other mobile provider ?  Great service guys -keep it on.      And icon “ Live chat” has gon out completely.  Castomer servuce on 

0333 003 7777  offering only talking with machine

Very disapointed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Storozh,

Sounds like there will be a suspension on the services then.

I’ll get a PM sent over so we can help sort this for you.

Mohammed

My phone is taking ages to activate after replacing sim

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Tattoomatt1, you’ll need to have the new SIM activated. Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team?

You’ll need to be using a desktop or laptop, rather than a mobile device.

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section. 

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient.

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available.

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

I have already been on and activated it and it is still not on it is taking forever. All I get is a robot? That doesn’t help me at all?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi there, the Live Chat team should be able to help you with this once you get through to them. Just provide them with the SIM number which is printed on the actual SIM itself and they should get you up and running.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?