Question

"Some of your personal details are invalid or missing"

• 13 November 2019
  • 4 replies

I am trying to upgrade to a SIM-only deal, having had my present deal for 24 months.

Every time I try to check out, I get the error message 

“Some of your personal details seem to be invalid or missing. Please call 7777 to update your details.”

I have called 7777 to try to update the details required several times, Each time I get through to a different operative who does not seem to recognise the problem and cannot help me complete the upgrade.  One operative promised to ring me back, having solved the issue - I missed his call and called back, but the operative I was connected to was unable to recognise the issue from the notes left on my file.

All  my personal and address details have been updated and appear to be consistent.

On occasion an error message momentarily appears saying “3 years address history required”.

Can you please help me to sort out this issue and complete the checkout process?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @martynpatrick,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues with checking out an upgrade here.

Have you tried speaking to our Sales Team on 0800 049 0250 

If you’ve seen the deal already, the Team should be able to complete the sale via our end and input any missing information.

As we don’t have access to your account, nor do our Team deal with Sales, it’ll be hard for us to ascertain what could be causing this.

If you’re still having trouble even after calling our Sales Team, please get in touch.

Mohammed

Thanks @Mohammed .

I also spoke to the sales team on the number you have provided - although for some reason I seemed to be diverted to the same call menu which I reached when calling 7777.

The representative of the sale team which I spoke to was unable to locate the specific deal which I had seen online, even though details of it had been left on a note on my account.

The fact that iDMobile teams seem to operate in silos, unable to deal with account issues which affect more than one team, has led to a number of frustrating phone calls.

I shall try to email as you have suggested, and I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Many thanks again.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

We’re truly sorry to see you’ve been unable to get any help so far on this @martynpatrick 

Did our Customer Services Team verify all your details were correct?  If not, you could have them update things for you if need be.  You could also check most of your details in your My Account area through our website if that helps.

If beyond doing that, you’re still unable to make a purchase.  Then the best I could suggest here would be to contact our Sales Team to see if they can help you get a similar deal.

Sorry again.

Thanks Kevin.

All my details are absolutely correct, as far as I am aware: I have double-checked them.

I have emailed the Customer Services team but have had no response yet.

I have put three calls into separate iDMobile teams already, I can’t spend any more time on the phone trying to sort this issue out. If the situation continues I shall have to consider taking my account elsewhere, as I am now out of contract.

Best regards - 

Martyn Atkins

Why iD Mobile?