Solved

switch pay mobthly to pay as you go or a solution

Hi All,

I have been using ID more than 4 years. Since October 2019 I have traveled outside the UK to work for only 3 months, so, I kept paying my monthly bill, then extended for another 3 months. Now, with this situation the company offered another extension for 6 months. I would like to stop my monthly bill but I would like to keep the number so I can use it when I return back to the UK. Please guide me what to do? End the plan doesn't look like a good option as it shows I might loose the number!!!

Regards

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 24 August 2020, 14:48

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @OsakeUK 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Aklima 

@AklimaRahman I also need the same service. Would it be possible to post the solution here or send me a private message too.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Squivd , 

Welcome to iD Community.

To enable us to assist you better, can you please provide us with a little more detail about your query?

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks, 

Pearl

Hi. I'd also like to know how this can be done. Can the solution be posted here for all to see. Thanks 

@Pearl_c6  I’d like to change my pay monthly sim only tariff to a pay-as-you-go tariff (keeping my current phone number).

Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Squivd , @Tbiker_10 

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi my pay monthly has ended but I want my number on pay as you. Can that be done? Thank you 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Salloo 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Hi @Pearl_c6 

can you send me further information about this too?

thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

H ithere @Delmurphy 

We wouldn’t be able to switch a Pay Monthly SIM to a Pay as You Go one except in cases when it’s a cancelled SIM within the first 14 days of purchase.

However, if you were previously in a 24-month contract, and you wish to switch to a 30-day rolling day contract.  Then providing your current contract has eneded, you should be able to do this via a Plan Change within the iD Mobile App or by logging into your account on our website.

Any further questions, just ask.

Hi @Kevin ,

thanks for your reply - can you advise me on what I can do? I will be working abroad for about 9 months (depending on the COVID situation) before returning to the UK. I would like to keep my UK number, and to remain a iD customer, as I have been with iD for a number of years and have been happy with the service. I am already on a 30-day rolling contract. Is there some way to pause my contract while I am away? If not, can I cancel my contract and port my number to a pay as you go sim?

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Delmurphy, pausing for any amount of time whilst away isn't an option sorry. You could lower the tariff to the lowest one we offer, and then bump it back up upon your return. This would keep your number with us whilst away, and reduce your costs whilst not using the line.

If that option isn’t what you’d want to go for, then your other option would be like you say, to port your number out to a Pay As Go Sim. - Will

Hello,

I'm on a Pay Monthly SIM Only 1 Month (for <  a year) and would like to switch to Pay as you Go too as I'm working abroad for a year. Any help would be appreciated

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @JRClose,

It’s not possible to convert from PAYM to PAYG, sorry about that.

You’ll need to port out to a different network PAYG and rejoin iD in the future when you return.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?