Question

switching from 24 month contract to sim only

• 18 April 2020
  • 3 replies

I have finishied my 24 month contract and wish to  keep my phone, but wish to move to new monthly iD SIM card only monthly payment deal from uswitch. It is better for me than the upgrade deals on the id app.  How can I transfer my existing phone number to the new SIM card?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Adam Thomas 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards 

Aklima

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Adam Thomas 

Unfortunately there's no way to transfer your existing number within the same network. If you decide to go for uSwitch deal then you will be given brand new number. 

You could transfer your existing number to a Pay as you Go Sim Card from another provider like Giffgaff and then transfer it back to iD new contract. That's the only way to make it happen. Not perfect workaround but its the only one that's possible. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Gregor,

thank you for clarifying this.  I have paid for the new ID sim card but actualy it is useless to me.  It is a 30 day contract.  Will I be able to return it?  We did put it in the phone and make one call on it to find oyt the sim telephone number. 

I will accept an ID upgrade instead as whilst less good a dela can’t go through the hassle of going to another provder then swapping bak a month later. 

I guess I just cancel the direct debit and take the upgrade.  There seems no way to contact id currently to discuss or sort this.

Adam 

Why iD Mobile?