Question

text about new sim card

• 27 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I have had my contact and sim for over two years and I received a text today saying “Good news! Your new SIM card is now in the process of being activated. The SIM should be activated shortly, but this can take up to 24 hours. We'll send you a text message to confirm as soon as the activation is complete.”

I now have no service. Why would this be? 

thanks 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Ab2020 

Have you recently changed plans?

It would appear you should have received a new sim. 

Can you confirm if you have received this?

Regards

Aklima

Hi @AklimaRahman I haven’t no. I changed plans in February. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Ab2020 

Please contact Live Chat team are available for account related support.

They’re available between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am- 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, were working on a reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as `available`. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically.

Aklima

I requested a replacement SIM (as old phone was lost) - new SIM arrived promptly, we activated the SIM online BUT the Activation text wasn’t received within 24 hours.

We requested a Replacement SIM and went through the same process again, and have ‘activated the SIM’ but we haven’t received an SMS text activating the SIM card   :( 

Has anybody else had this problem - and more importantly does anyone know how to resolve it?  (The LiveChat option ends with another Replacement SIM - they cannot seem to tell the computers to issue the SMS text to authorise the SIM….) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Pikemonster,

The activation text isn’t always sent.

Have you tried restarting the phone and rmeoving the SIM and re-inserting to see if it’s activated anyway?

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?