Solved

Transfer my id Mobile number to new SIM card

• 15 April 2020
  • 7 replies

I am finishing my 24 month contract and wish to  keep my phone, but wish to move to new monthly iD SIM card only monthly payment.  How can I transfer my existing phone number to the new SIM card or get a new SIM card issued with my previous number?

icon

Best answer by Gregor 15 April 2020, 11:49

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @NigelThomas 

You can simply upgrade your number when logged in to your online account or App. You can upgrade to Sim Only deal of your choice as well, if you will be using Internet browser then you will be able to sort the deals from cheapest first and Sim Only deals will appear on the top of the page. When you upgrade to Sim Only deal iD Mobile will send you new Sim Card with the same number. Here you will be able to read all about upgrades.

The reason why I suggested upgrade is because there is no simple way of transferring the number within the same network. 

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Thanks Gregor

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Gregor 

Hope the above has been sorted and you’ve got the answers you were looking for.

Let us know how you got on.

Thanks, 

Pearl 

Hi Pearl,

Answer is that I don’t know - this has been very frustrating over the past weeks as I had originally spoken to ID Mobile and then via chat lines to get my number  original number (07766 497439) transferred when I moved to  a SIM only deal; but it appears the SIM comes with a new number (07766 497439).

All I want is to continue to  use my original telephone number  with the new SIM card - please can you  help?

Thanks,

Nigel

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @NigelThomas 

Sorry to hear this. 

I have sent you a private message with more information. 

Regards

Aklima 

I have just received my new phone from Id today with a new number on contract, how do I transfer my old id mobile number to the new sim? When I use the pac code I got from id mobile to use it says I can't use it to transfer from id to id. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Vivienrwigfield 

You wouldn’t be able to move a number from one iD Mobile account to another.  I believe this is the same with any mobile network.

If you had wanted to keep an existing number then you would always be best looking at “upgrades”, to get a new phone and enter another 24-month there.

At this stage you would need to get in touch to return the new phone to have that new line and contract cancelled.  Or you could look to move the old number over to another provider (on a short term Pay as You Go SIM), then request a PAC (code) from that other provider and move that number over to your newer iD Mobile contract.

Why iD Mobile?