Solved

Two Id sims not registering on iphone

• 29 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
I have have had 2 SIM cards posted to me and neither one register in my iPhone. I’ve gone to car phone warehouse and they couldn’t do anything. Other sims work fine in my phone. I called and activated it and they said the first one that was sent was not compatiabke w iPhone but 2nd one doesn’t work either
icon

Best answer by terrywebbs 29 November 2018, 22:44

View original

4 replies

Badge +10
Hi welcome to the ID community.

You probably already done this but have you plugged the iphone into a computer and run itunes and updated the phones software so its running the latest release. This resolves about 50% of issues as older software doesn't have the latest settings to handle network provider APN updates.

Also have you tried reseting the network under settings and reset?
You only need reset the network settings nothing else should need reseting as you will loose all data!

Can you tell us what type of iPhone it is you experience these issues with?
Userlevel 1
I have the iPhone xs everything is brand new and updated. I’ve tried resetting everything. Finally got in touch w customer service and and they are sending out a THIRD sim. Associate said it might not work if you don’t register the sim the first day you get it. We will see.
Badge +10
Apparently there are hints on this forum you may need to ask ID mobile for a special SIM for the iPhone xs as it is so new it is not compatible with default current SIMs

Hope the new sim works for you

Read the post here for any further information you might need
https://community.idmobile.co.uk/ask-a-question-18/iphone-xr-29365
Userlevel 1
Thank you

Why iD Mobile?