Solved

Unable to change plan. Error message

• 5 February 2021
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi

I am trying to change the plan on my sim only. I have had the account since 2017 and currently only use it for data but would like to change to now include minutes and texts. When I try to do this via my account i keep getting an error message to say something went wrong.

Does anyone know how i can fix this?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 7 February 2021, 12:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @LKD,

Just to confirm, are you logging into the iD app/account

Clicking My account

Click Upgrade

Then selecting the plan?

Got any screenshots?

If you tried the app, use the website and if you tried the website, use the app just to rule out any issues.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have tried app and website. I am going to change plan and I can select the plan I want to change to but upon completion it says sorry something went wrong try again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @LKD,

We’ll PM you to see if we can try to do this from our end or raise to our TechTeam.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @LKD  you’re most welcome!

Mohammed

I’m having exactly the same problem. I want to change my plan on a data-only SIM (change my plan; not upgrade). I select the new plan; accept T&Cs; click ‘confirm’; and get an error message saying “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again.” This isn’t a one-off, I have tried to use the app and the website several times to do this and I get the same result every time.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @jp4712 

Have you tried checking the upgrade plans? As you will be able to upgrade to a sim-only plan this way. If you are still having issues, please call our iD sales team on  0800 049 0250.

-Mohsin

I’m having the same problem. Am out of contract on a data only SIM and want to change plan to one of the better value options now available (as recommended by iD in my annual tariff update email!), but receive the same “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later” error message.

I’ve tried via both the app and the website with the same result.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m having the same problem. Am out of contract on a data only SIM and want to change plan to one of the better value options now available (as recommended by iD in my annual tariff update email!), but receive the same “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later” error message.

Hello @Carolyn A, are you sure it’s a DATA Only SIM? As we haven’t had these sold anytime recently in a while, though I may be wrong.

It may be a SIM only plan you’re on.

Try clicking My Account > Upgrade > SIM Only then you should see the plans avaialble.

If you still have issues let us know and we’ll need to look into this further.

Mohammed

Hello @Carolyn A, are you sure it’s a DATA Only SIM? As we haven’t had these sold anytime recently in a while, though I may be wrong.

It may be a SIM only plan you’re on.

Try clicking My Account > Upgrade > SIM Only then you should see the plans avaialble.

If you still have issues let us know and we’ll need to look into this further.

Mohammed

Yes, it’s SIM only but on a 5GB Data plan, which I’ve had since December 2016. Used for my iPad. 

Clicking My Account > Upgrade yields the message “Sorry you can’t upgrade right now because your plan type can’t be upgraded. Why not try a plan change instead?” Clicking through to info on Change Plan offers a list of plans, though none of them (as you say) data only. Selecing any of them leads to the “Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later.” error message.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Carolyn A,

I believe the issue is that because we don’t sell data only SIM cards now. Would you be interested in upgrading to any of the plans that are available  that you’ve seen?

If so, we can drop you a Private Message and try processing that through you for our Tech Team.

Will

Hi @Carolyn A,

I believe the issue is that because we don’t sell data only SIM cards now. Would you be interested in upgrading to any of the plans that are available  that you’ve seen?

If so, we can drop you a Private Message and try processing that through you for our Tech Team.

Will

Thanks for your help, but no - I’ll seek what I need elsewhere. Ironic given that it was your own annual tariff update that prompted me to look for a better value plan!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

We can only apologise for this @Carolyn A 

If you do change your mind, please let us know. We will be more than happy to check this out through our Tech Team. 

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?