Solved

Upgrade

Hi I am due an upgrade today as I have been on a sim only deal for 6 month! After checking my upgrade deals all the good phones aren't showing.. I can't see the Samsung 20 iPhone 10 ect ect.  Will this show up on the deals after a few days? If I can't get the handset of my choice I will be leaving id mobile as I don't want tied into a 24 months contract with a subpar phone... 

icon

Best answer by Gregor 16 March 2020, 12:29

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @chrisbeeee93 

Upgrade deals seen in the app are the recommended and personalized choices that are made by taking your usage into consideration. You do not have to stick to these though. If there is not phone or deal that you like you can call iD Mobile at 7777 and request an upgrade deal for Galaxy s20 or iPhone 11 over the phone and they will let you know what kind of deals they have for you if there will be any available. This is how I did it when I wanted certain phone but did not appear on the app. 

Give them a call and see if they can get you an upgrade that you want, I am sure they will find perfect solution for you. 

Kind Regards

Gregor

OK thank you Gregor. It's also showing me the same deals on the website as on the app. I will give them a call and find out my options. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @chrisbeeee93 

Website and App are tight to the same servers so it's normal to see the same options in both instances. App is just simplified view of the website. The best option for you is to give them a call. Let me know how did it go and if you managed to get the deal that you wanted :-)

Kind Regards

Gregor

Hello Gregor my original credit check when I took out the sim only means my tariff can't exceed £19.99 a month which means I'm not eligible for phones like iPhone 11 ect ect which is disappointing.  So I won't be allowed to upgrade to these handsets. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @chrisbeeee93 

That's a shame, I was hoping you will be able to sort it out over the phone. What's your next move? Are you going to keep SIM Only deal for a bit longer to see if your situation changes? Or upgrade to a different phone? 

I can upgrade to phone like the Samsung A50 A71. They have advised me to make a few more payments via direct debit to see if anything changes on my account.  My hearts set on the new S20 haha so I may need to change networks. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

A couple more months would potentially see the phones value drop a little as new sales and new phones hit the market.

Fingers crossed a deal you like (with us) comes your way soon enough.

I want to upgrade

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sally44 ,

Welcome to iD Community.

That’s great news! 

First of all, you will need to check if you're eligible to upgrade. If you're eligible, congratulations! You can now go ahead and browse through our deals and purchase an upgrade.

To do this, log in to your iD Mobile app or My Account online, go to 'My Account', and then scroll down to 'My Upgrade'.

Please click on this link as it has everything you need to know about upgrades https://community.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades-68

Thanks, 

Pearl

I have sim card contract from 23 December 2019 and she tell me the guy from carphone warehouse after 6 month will give me any phone. And my friends tell me didn't give any phone. So I read here at community wouldn't give me any phone :( 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Sami1996 

First of all, you will need to check if you're eligible to upgrade. If you're eligible, congratulations! You can now go ahead and browse through our deals and purchase an upgrade.

To do this, log in to your iD Mobile app or My Account online, go to 'My Account', and then scroll down to 'My Upgrade'.

Please click on this link as it has everything you need to know about upgrades https://community.idmobile.co.uk/upgrades-68

Thanks

So that mean wouldn't give you iphone 11 or other good phone 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sami2020 

If you're eligible, you can now go ahead and browse through our deals and purchase an upgrade.

Have you already checked the deals online?

Thanks,

Pearl

I pay £18.00 from 10 December till now... I'm worried because I can't get the iphone 11 ...😔😔 in eligible on 10 june 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Sami2020 

Did you browse through our deals and purchase an upgrades?

Thanks, 

Pearl

Why iD Mobile?