Solved

Upgrade advice

• 27 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Over the past 12 months I’ve had two phones stolen, and had to buy a new cheap phone as I don’t have much money to spend, being a pensioner. This newish phone is very unreliable and I was hoping to upgrade to a better model. However I was told by Carphone Warehouse that I failed a credit check! Even though I have an existing contract with id mobile for 24 months, which expires next October. Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by Ryan 2 December 2020, 11:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Teejay1951,

We’re sorry to hear about this situation! Sometimes the check can fail if you have recently had a phone contract. Have you been able to contact the sellers of your current phone to see if it needs fixing due to being unreliable? Other than that, we can only advise purchasing a different SIM Free phone for use until you can upgrade in October.

Ryan

Thanks Ryan, but I can’t afford a new handset! It seems like it’s another case of the victim is the villain!

I can’t see why I can’t upgrade as the handset I would upgrade to would increase my monthly payments. Crazy world eh?

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Teejay1951 

We are sorry that a more favourable response could not have been offered on this occasion.

Michelle 

That’s OK Michelle. When my contract expires, I’ll be going “Pay As You Go”

Why iD Mobile?