Question

Upgrade Credit Check?

• 30 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Is a full credit check done when doing an upgrade?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Hi @shieldsy,

If you're upgrading from a current handset plan, there will be no credit check carried out.

If you're on a SIM only plan, as long as you have had the SIM only contract for 6-months, a credit check is not carried out as we just look at your payment history to ensure you have made payments on time.

Ryan

Hi is a new loan agreement added to the credit file when upgrading?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Lizzyt 

Welcome to iD Community. 

Please can you clarify what you mean by a loan agreement. Did you mean a new/revised pay monthly contract? 

As a reminder, if you're upgrading from a current handset plan, there will be no credit check carried out, so it should continue on the current credit reporting.
If you're on a SIM only plan, as long as you have had the SIM only contract for 6-months, a credit check is not carried out as we just look at your payment history to ensure you have made payments on time. 

Thanks, 

Pearl 

Hi pearl, thanks for replying. Yes sorry what I wanted to clarify was whether ornor there would be a new pay monthly agreement added to my credit report or whether it would just carry on. The reason I ask this is because Im about to.apply for a new mortgage so don't want anything new flagging up on my credit report.

Why iD Mobile?