Solved

Upgrade issue

• 18 September 2020
  • 5 replies

I've ordered an upgrade via the app. I then received an email to say there was an issue with the order and someone would call me or it will be cancelled. 

I've not received a call and live chat is not available. I would like to speak with someone about the issue. Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Michelle 24 January 2021, 18:18

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @loucox,

We are sorry to hear about that issue, we will look into this further for you. We’ll arrange for our Support Team to PM you now.

Ryan

I upgraded my phone on the app after it had told me I could upgrade from the 9th of January. I received an email saying it was out of stock but would be sent to me as soon as possible. I later received  and email saying I was not eligible for an upgrade and to check the app. So I checked the app and it said I could upgrade from the 9th of January. However, now when I go on the app it doesn’t even give me an option to see when I can upgrade, even though I could about an hour ago? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi @Neve7 

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are facing when trying to upgrade.

Have you tried contacting our Live Chat team? 

They’re available between 9am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am - 6pm Saturday and Sunday. 

Once you land on the page above, scroll down to see the Live Chat section.  

The Live Chat button may not always appear as ‘available’. If so, it may be a matter of waiting, until an agent is available, so please be patient. 

Once the agent is available the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. 

No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically. 

Michelle 

I have upgraded to a sim only deal and received a new sim card , I've gone through the process of activating the sim but it says already active and my number has changed. I need to know how or what to do to have my number back with my new deal in place. 

Please advise ASAP as I need this number for work purposes. 

Thanks 

Trevor

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Trevster27 

If you have upgraded the sim, then the number will remain the same and you can either use the existing sim or the new one. If you have been given a new number on the sim which has arrived then this sounds like you have purchased a NEW sim-only deal. Unfortunately, you can not port your existing iD number to a new iD sim as we do not support internal migrations. If you are looking to keep the same number, then we would advise canceling the new sim deal and upgrading the existing iD sim through the iD app.

-Mohsin

Why iD Mobile?