Solved

Upgrade - new sim

• 9 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Hi all. I recently upgraded my plan to get more data. I got a new sim in the post. Do I need to use this new sim card or will my current sim card be automatically upgraded? Bit confused why I was sent a new sim card at all. I believe I have activated the plan on the website, but again really unsure. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 13 November 2020, 16:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @dietmed,

Your new plan should already be showing in the iD app/account.

We do recommend activating the SIM and using it. This is just to prevent you accidentally activating it in the future and no longer having the SIM.

We always send a new SIM with upgrades in case you switched to a new phone and a different SIM is required.

Otherwise, keep it safe and spare for the future.

You can activate it on https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/your-sim-card

Mohammed

My upgrade won't go through, it fails once payment has been taken. Please help

hi i just upgrade my contract to a new phone and i got the new sim card and i activated it but it showing that its another number i want to keep my old number how do i use my old number please i need reply asap thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @maria sonia newby 

If you have been given a new number then you will have taken out a new contract deal and not an upgrade. In order to keep the same number, you will need to do a triangular port. 

A Triangle Port requires obtaining a pay as you go SIM card for a network other than iD and porting the desired number over onto the pay as you go SIM. You would do this by requesting a PAC number for the old number from iD and giving it to the pay as you go network.

Once you have done this and the desired number is on the pay as you go SIM, you then need to contact that network and request another PAC code. Once you have this, you can then contact iD and port the number your new line.

You can request a PAC code by texting PAC to 65705

Hope this helps

-Mohsin

My upgrade has come through as a new contract and I would like help resolving it. I would like to cancel my old plan and register my old number to my new upgrade. Please help?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi there @Stephen180 

Unfortunately we don’t have the ability to move one existing iD Mobile number from one account to another.

So in this case you would need to either return your new upgrade (if you’re within the returns window still) and then you could log in to your old account and follow the upgrade path on your old number.

-or-

We could simply cancel the old account for you (in which you would lose your old number).

The quickest way for us to help you with either of those two options above would be either for you to contact our Live Chat Team: https://www.idmobile.co.uk/live-chat

Or if you have either Facebook or Twitter.  Please message either our official Facebook or Twitter pages and we can assist you further with that today.

Why iD Mobile?