Solved

Upgrade phone and now current one not working

• 9 December 2019
  • 1 reply

I upgraded my sons phone (and therefore package) as a Christmas present.  He’s keeping the same provider and number.  I was told he could continue using his current phone and sim, but today his phone went off network and I received an email telling me his sim is on the way.  I got a sim when I bought the phone but was told I only needed to use it if his current one doesn’t fit his new phone.  Help!

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 December 2019, 13:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @SueOli,

Yes, the old SIM can still be used, however, due to the way our system works, a replacement blank SIM is issued with the upgrades. A message would be displayed in the app regularly, asking if the new SIM has arrived after an upgrade. Some customers have activated the SIM by accident when they’ve no longer got the new SIM and this leads to losing all service and a new replacement SIM then needing to be sent.

It sounds like the SIM was activated in the app/account via the prompt thus transferring service over to the new SIM.

When the SIM arrives, simply pop that SIM into the phone and service should resume.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Just to avoid him finding out about his present, you can tell a small lie and potentially say a new SIM had to be sent due to network issues and hide the phone when it arrives, just a suggestion though so I’ll leave the excuse up to you! 

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?