Question

Upgrade SIM only to SIM only

• 25 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Rather than do an add-on, I chose to upgrade my existing id SIM only to a different allowance (including unlimited minutes) and cost. When I use the app it shows my new allowance and my new bill correctly.

I have received a new SIM in the post, but, so far havent used this. Today, I have had a text to say that I’ve used 100% of my minutes allowance and will be chaged 40p per minute for every call.

My question is, do I need to put in the new SIM?? (on the FAQ I’ve found both yes and no answers to this question, and none were recent) The reason I haven’t is because I am worried that it will be a different number or that it won’t work and I won’t have my work phone??

Why is the text I’ve received different from my allowance on the app?

PLEASE can somebody answer this. Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Thia , the text will have been an automated one linked to your old tariff. As long as the App is updated to reflect your new tariff, you’ll have nothing to worry about. If your old SIM is working you can stick with it for the time being as it is registered to your new tariff, but be sure to keep the new one safe in case it does become activated automatically. You’ll know if this happens by your old SIM going completely unresponsive. 

If by the time things are normal and our Customer Services team are open again you’re still using the old SIM, please get in touch so we can get the new one activated for you. Is that OK?

Cheers,

Will

Userlevel 1

Thank you so much Will.

Take care

Why iD Mobile?