Solved

Upgrade to a new contract from my existing one on ID mobile

• 16 July 2020
  • 7 replies

I have just upgraded my existing contract on id Mobile, online, to a better one, but still 30 day rolling as per my existing.

I have had emails saying my order is complete and it feels like the messages are suggesting a new SIM is going to be sent to me. Is that necessary and couldn’t my current SIM just take on the new contract replacing my old one?

I can provide my reference if needed but I am not sure if a reference should be shared on a forum and I can’t find a direct customer email enquiry option on this site.

Thanks

John

icon

Best answer by Will 18 July 2020, 15:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @thebanksman,

When you log into the iD app/account, does the upgrade plan show?

When you upgrade to a SIM-only plan, a new SIM is sent by default.

We’ve seen some customers purchase a new SIM only contract as a new connection in error, so just trying to make sure this isn’t the case.

If you did upgrade from your account, then the app will show your new plan.

Then when the SIM arrives, just activate it and start using that.

Mohammed

Yes, the new plan shows when i log in to my account.

My old contact was 30 days sim only and so is the one I've just upgraded to.

So you think i will receive a new SIM? Seems a bit unnecessarily faffy. Will my number be ported across to my new SIM? Will there be downtime because of this?

Thanks

John

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

You could potentially be receiving a new SIM @thebanksman. Either way, there’ll be no down time, as the old one would remain active until the minute the new one is activated by yourself.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks Will, but given my account shows my new contract and my old SIM is still functioning, is there any point in putting the new SIM in and activating it? Seems unnecessary effort. I have received a new SIM today but it is all “welcome to ID mobile” where I am not joining, I have been with ID for some time.

This process seems to be very confusing. If I activate my new SIM I need to make sure my number is transferred to it. Will that happen automatically? I would rather not bother with the new SIM if the old one is working.

Please advise.

John

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

If you activate the SIM @thebanksman , it will have your existing number on it right away. The “Welcome” message is just packaging that comes with all the SIM cards, sorry for the confusion.

If you don’t want to activate it, you don’t have too, but do keep it somewhere safe if you decide not too. The point to activating it would be that you have a new SIM card that would benefit you if you’re having issues with a SIM that is over two years old, which can sometimes be the case. If you’re happy to keep running with the old one, that’s fine, but like I say, it’d be good to keep the new one safe somewhere just in case.

Cheers,

Will

Thanks Will. That’s what I needed to know. I think my existing SIM is fine so I will just continue to use it and hold the other one safe in case needed in future.

John

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

No worries at all @thebanksman , I’m glad I could clear everything up.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and if you need anything else in the future, please let us know.

Will

Why iD Mobile?