Solved

Upgrade to a sim only contract

• 28 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi

I had a notification to say I can upgrade 60 days early. I'm happy with my handset, so just wanted to upgrade to a sim only. Does anyone know if it is possible to do so? I just don't want to end up paying for 2 contracts if that's not the case!

Hope you can help!

icon

Best answer by Gregor 28 March 2020, 16:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hey @Louise0990 

Yes you can upgrade to Sim Only deal. When you go to your upgrade page just sort the deals from cheapest first and sim only deals should appear somewhere at the top :-)

Kind Regards 

Gregor

Thanks for your reply! I tried this but it just came up with the cheapest handset option.

I was going to go to where it says news and offers in the app as the sim only deals are shown there but they're not listed as an 'upgrade'

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Louise0990 

I believe you’d only be able to switch to a SIM-only deal when the current contract ends.  This is due to part of the cost of the phone being collected each month with your payments.

When early upgrades are taken for new phones, we simply absorb those costs ourselves.

Once your current contract expires though, you should be able to upgrade through the app there to a SIM-only plan.

We are now on a SIM only contract but are still being charged for the previous 18 month contract which ended 15/4/2020. We are being cut off if we don’t pay the 18 month contract even although we are still paying the Sim only Direct Debit. We cannot seemingly reach you either by phone or E-mail.

We are both in our late 80’s and need some help as we seem to be going round in circles!!

douglasdawson3133@ gmail.com      Service user number.298372.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @beatus87 

Sorry to hear this. 

Please contact Live Chat team are available for account related support.

They’re available between 9am – 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am- 6pm Saturday and Sunday.

Unfortunately, were working on a reduced staff due to COVID-19, and the team are extremely busy, so the Live Chat button may not always appear as `available`. If so, it may be a matter of waiting on the page, until the button appears blue, indicating that an agent is available. No need to refresh the page, this will happen automatically

Regards

Aklima

Why iD Mobile?