Solved

Upgrade with zero upfront cost - 1p payment refusing

• 20 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I recently lost my phone which had been on an ID mobile contract for a long time, so I went online and checked if any upgrades were available through them rather than looking for a totally new contract. I found an upgrade to a new handset with zero upfront cost, and only a slight increase in monthly cost, so decided to go for that.

I went through the checkout process, and then was bought to a page where a 1p charge was needing to be made. I input my credit card details, it took me through the bank’s verification page (santander) which verified the payment, but on redirecting to the ID mobile checkout it said that the payment had failed, despite being authorised by the bank. This has happened both through the mobile app on a separate device and through the website.  

Is there any fix for this? Or way to avoid a 1p payment on what should be a zero upfront cost upgrade? 

icon

Best answer by Will 24 October 2020, 15:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kieran789,

Do the account details you’ve provided match the same name and address as the banking details submitted? If not, this could be one reason for failure.

Also, please ensure you have pop-ups enabled too when trying to process the transaction. Please let us know if any of these assist you, and if they don’t we’ll take a look at it for you.

Will

Why iD Mobile?