Solved

Upgrade won't complete

I’m eligible for an upgrade, I’m trying to get an iPhone 11, 24 month contract for £39 a month. I go through the mobile ID app and select the phone and go through the process of selecting a plan etc. It takes me to a screen which requests bank details, which I enter, and it takes 1p from my account. A pop up from my bank states the transaction is successful however I then get taken to a screen from ID mobile stating that the card transaction was unsuccessful and that an error has occurred so I'm unable to complete the upgrade. I’ve tried doing this again and again for roughly 2 weeks now but haven’t been able to resolve the situation. 

I’ve also tried logging into my account through my laptop and through the mobile ID website but this hasn’t resolved the issue either. 

I can’t phone because all call centers have shut down. Can anyone give advice re how to get around this situation?

Cheers

icon

Best answer by PavD 6 April 2020, 20:23

View original

47 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Deechar111 

Sorry about the issue you’re having with upgrading 

I have sent you a direct message with some further information. 

Regards,

Pav

Userlevel 1

Hello, I  having the same issue and wanted know if it got resolved?  

Userlevel 1

Hi - I’ve also been experiencing the same issue, I tried to process it 3 times and when I checked my bank I can see pending transactions for 3p. However, no email or anything to show the order has been processed and it said card transaction unsuccessful. Help?

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same problem. I have ordered 3 times now. the money goes out of the account but a dialogue box  comes up saying the information is incomplete and the website does not confirm the sale. What is being done about this. it looks like many others are having he same problem. Money has gone out of my account but ID has not confirmed the sale. A good way to fleece its loyal customers. what's  going on here and when do I get my money back?

Userlevel 1

I have the exact same issue have you any info or update on what’s been the outcome ??? As I’m at the point of cancelling my contract with ID MOBILE and going with someone else that can supply me with the standard of service required as certainly not getting it from ID MOBILE at the moment 

Userlevel 2

I’m having the same issue, I understand the issues at the moment, but the way your system works isn’t helpful. Please can I have an answer as to whether I am able to upgrade or not? 

Userlevel 1

I was having the same issue and only worked when I used a credit card with a billing address that matched the address registered in my iD Mobile account.

I hoped that helps!

Userlevel 1

I have the same address on both and it still doesn't work.

Userlevel 1

managed to talk via online chat. operative could not access my account info because of covid19. just said I needed to wait for confirmation email. been 3 days already. you would think a simple acknowledgement wouldn't be difficult to set up.

Userlevel 1

I've got the same problem. Trying to order a sim only, but getting stuck while the 1p is taking from my account.

Userlevel 2

I’ve spent two morning with online chat. Each time it came to the same end. I now have 9 1p payments on my account! The last assistant said she had reported it to the back office and it would take 24-48 hours to sort. I was told to try again on Friday. I don’t hold out much hope! Especially as it cost me each time to try again! 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Deechar111 

Regards,

Pav

is there an answer to this problem yet? I’m fed up with waiting and am considering paying my balance and going else where! 

Userlevel 1

Hi @Deechar111 

Regards,

Pav

Im having the same issue. Is there anyway you could message me ? 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Deechar111 

Regards,

Pav

is there an answer to this problem yet? I’m fed up with waiting and am considering paying my balance and going else where! 

Still waiting for your message?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Deechar111  @Jannie19  @roofoz @AhmedA 

Sorry to hear you are having an issue upgrading. 

Could you please send me a private message with name, address and number and i will have this looked into for you. 

Regards

Aklima

Userlevel 1

Hi @Deechar111 

Regards,

Pav

I'm also having this problem, can this please be sorted? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @HeatherLouise1997 

Welcome to the iD Community.

I’ve sent you a direct message with further information.

Pearl

Userlevel 1

I'm having the same problem too, is there any other way to upgrade? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Daniel 414 

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please send me a private message with your name number and address.

Regards

Aklima

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem. I have two phones under my name and neither will complete but keep taking the 1p. Please help

Userlevel 1

The same has happened to me, my bank  approves transactions and then it takes me to an unable to process your order tab. Tried two different cards now

Userlevel 1

I am also having the same issue! I have tried on numerous occasions but still get the transaction failed pop up at the end. This is really frustrating as the upgrade is for a limited time offer which I don't want to miss out on

Userlevel 1

This is my second time posting on this thread - as you can see my original post was 26 days ago! The minimal correspondence I have received from idmobile is frankly shocking and I’m still yet to receive a resolution? I understand that communication may be limited at this time with Covid-19 but to have no updates or suggestions on how this issue is going to be fixed is horrendous. I’m left wondering whether I should choose to upgrade with another company with better customer service as there are mobile phone contracts elsewhere at a similar price - I have been a customer of idmobile for around 3 years and the way that myself (and all other commenters on this post) have been mishandled and shoved to the side is awful. 

Userlevel 1

Still not working and no real support. But still taking money. If not fixed will change providers. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Hannahejklucinska  @09Conroys  @Emilytine  @alexlaurennic 

Sorry to hear your your all facing issues. 

Can you please try this again, if it still does not work, I’ve messaged you directly with more information.

Thanks, 

Pearl.

Why iD Mobile?